What's new

Screen Problem - questions (1 Viewer)

Gordon Groff

Second Unit
I am using a High Contrast Matte White Dalite screen with my PLV70, and I think the blacks and contrasts are great. Of course, I don't really know any better, either. :) It is an in-ceiling installation (Advantage Manual in DaLite parlance).

My problem is that I see horizontal bands on the image in light scenes. Photo examples here . I called the folks I bought my PJ from and also Sanyo about it.

Well, last night (right after I put calls into Sanyo and Presenting Solutions) I figured out what it is...... They are ripples on the screen itself! They move with the screen, not the PJ (if I do lens shift or move the PJ). Duhhhh :b

I'm going to have to look at other screen options, I guess. I really like the performance of the HCMW screen! The blacks are great - check out the blacks on the top image at the link above! It is a very bright image and the black letterboxing above and below (LOR is wider than wide) is virtually indistinguishable from the screen's matte black surrounds. Who says LCD has poor blacks? :D

I also like the matte screen because there are NO viewing angle constraints. The picture looks the same from any angle, even acute angles from those sitting on the couch along the left wall.

Finally, I believe a low-gain (

Gordon Groff

Second Unit
Update

I spoke with DaLite and they seem very interested in making it right. They seem like a fine company to deal with.

Unfortunatly, there are no options to retrofit a tensioned screen into my case- which is drywalled in.:frowning:

Dalite has committed to making it right, though. Per their recommendations, I'm leaving it hang down for a day or so and then hit it with a hair dryer if needed. If that does not get the wrinkles out, they will replace the screen.

Like I said earlier, I like the video performance of this screen, so if we can get the wrinkles out, I'll be happy.

Gordon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks