What's new

Screen Format - JACK AND THE BEANSTALK-REAL STORY (1 Viewer)

DavidEC

Stunt Coordinator
Can anybody here tell me what the real screen format size is??

The box lists the program as full screen... yet I just watched it and it was shown in letter box on my TV?!?

This was a made for TV movie that I found really great to watch the second time around... with out all the network TV breaks and the two night split!!

And ad the 5.1 sound of the DVD makes it really nice to watch.

--David

Jay Blair

Second Unit
Yes, it's widescreen, and anamorphic also. A very pleasant surprise for a change. A quality presentation all around.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
What what what??!!

I skipped this one in squarescreen on DVD because while watching the initial broadcast it felt like it ought to be in widescreen. I figured we'd find a widescreen release later.

It really is widescreen anamorphic? Bad packaging almost cost them this sale!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Artisan calls it 16:9 fullscreen when it's anamorphic. Don't worry about it.
FYI- The Giant is played by the Muppeteer of Rolf, Pepe, Swedish Chef, and a host of other characters :)

DavidEC

Stunt Coordinator
Artisan calls it 16:9 fullscreen when it's anamorphic. Don't worry about it.
Jeff -

Thanks for the reply and I was not worried about it.. I just wanted to make sure the data in my DVDProfile is correct for the DVD in question.

This like "The 10th Kingdom" of the fairy tail made for TV shows that have been on the air the past few years are so much of a better program when watched with out the multi-night network split and while I can not confirm it on either Jack and 10th Kingdom, I know of at least one scene in both shows were different on the DVD than the USA Network broadcast. (don't ask me to try to point them out because my wife pointed them out and on Jack we just happen to still have a VHS where we recorded the show when standard CBS programming was pre-empted, it may of just been local commercial insert cut.)

One of the reasons that I have been purchasing these Mini-series over watching them when broadcast.

--David

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Okay, I am a classic Muppet fan, but PEPE rocks... ok! :).
I'll be picking this one up after all. If Jeff says it's anamorphic, it must be :). Pleasant surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks