Screen For The X1

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Sheldon-m, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Sheldon-m

Sheldon-m Stunt Coordinator

Is there a certain screen I should be shopping for for my X1? what is the best on? I really want to use both 4.3 and 16.9. do they make sceens for them combined? One other thing if I was going to build one, does anybody have a up close shot of there screen so I could get a look at the color. I have heard that grey should be used, but I'm not sure. Thx

2. Rick_y

Rick_y Auditioning

Sheldon

Check this site out

eldamar.net/house/ht/screenHowTo.html

I built my own screen using these instructions, it turned out great. Cost me about $60 canadian.

I dont have an X1, but it looks great using my Dell 3200

Rick

3. Ian-Fl

Ian-Fl Second Unit

4. Sheldon-m

Sheldon-m Stunt Coordinator

i was wondering about the color too. i checked the links but all of them had just white. i was wondering what colors of grey are the best. Thx

5. Ian-Fl

Ian-Fl Second Unit

The Blackout material is light grey. My LCD projector is a two year old model so the contrast levels are not as good as the newer projectors. I've experimented with darker greys and that improves it, but the picture is darker. With an X1 I imagine it would work quite well with Blackout material.

6. CuZ06

CuZ06 Agent

JC
    Building one is worth a try, not too costly and could turn out perfectly....

7. Ian-Fl

Ian-Fl Second Unit

There's another way to improve contrast levels and that's by placing a FL-Day filter by Hoya on the lense. It's a camera filter so you'll loose one F stop again resulting in a darker picture. Hoya puts a coating on their filters that reduces the glare.
    I did it with Blackout Cloth and the FL-Day filter but since these dark films like The Matrix and Lord of the Rings are out, I've taken the filter off.
    I haven't yet tried it with a white screen with a FL-Day filter. I might find a better balance there?