Screen Door Effect on AOTC

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeffrey Bane, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Jeffrey Bane

Jeffrey Bane Agent

Why would I experience this with this film, and no others? I can't figure it out. I've got a Sharp projector (a good one) and this is the only film I've seen it in. It's only in certain portions of the picture. Could it be a bad disc?

2. Dave_Olds

Dave_Olds Stunt Coordinator

I havent seen AOTC.....But, as for screen door - its mostly evident when you have large patches of single colors, especially light ones....Such as Sky, water, Whites,Sand etc....Does this movie contain large patches of light colors?

if it bothers you - usually defocuses a very small amount will eliminate it...I can eliminate it with my AE100 and still make text very readable....

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Do you have any other DVD's with direct digital transfers? I don't know what would cause this problem though.

4. Jeff Pounds

Jeff Pounds Second Unit

Jeffrey,
    You might want to try this thread.
    It is in the software section and related to all problems with the AOTC disk.
    [​IMG]

5. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I just recently/finally watched AOTV on my setup, Sony 11HT on a 92" 16x9 screen, and there was absolutely no screendoor, even from up close. Actually, I was kind of floored by the picture quality.