What's new

Screen cleaning... (1 Viewer)

Tony_T

Auditioning
Hi gang,

Just wondered on how everyone handles the cleaning of the television screens. I can't speak for everyone but I have a 3 year old and she sometimes, thankfully not on purpose, will touch the screen when she is watching something.

So as you can imagine there are quite a few little finger prints / smears on the screen. Thankfully I have kept the protective screen on all this time. Once she is older I will take this off and all will be well.

But until then I was curious if any of you have this problem and how you clean your screen!

Thanks, Tony

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
You'll get more traffic and responses here, Tony. Are we talking ahout a direct-view set or an RPTV?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
well, if you want to get fancy, you could buy something like this:

http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=2105

we use these at bb for all the tv's there. the nice thing about that is the soft micro-fiber cloth that comes with it. plus the spray solution isn't very soapy/drippy.

but, if you're careful, i bet you could get nice results from typical glass cleaner and a soft t-shirt. the only thing is that the glass cleaner is probably too detergenty-ish. could be kinda harsh on your screen.

Tony_T

Auditioning
It is an Toshiba RPTV.

Thanks for moving the post to the more appropriate forum!

Scott Tucker

Stunt Coordinator
The Monster screen cleaner works great and doesn't run. Just don't put it on a Mitsubishi Diamond series screen. Monster claims it will damage it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks