What's new

Screen capture software recommendations (1 Viewer)

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
I enjoy making screen caps of DVD images on my computer to make screensavers, alternate DVD covers and the like. I had been using an old version of WinDVD but that has ceased working. WinDVD now offers a Platinum DVD player with capture capability. Is that software worth the price? Are there better DVD capture programs someone might recommend?

I'm not looking into copyright violation, or selling copyright materials; I just want to snag some pics for my personal use.

StevenFC

Second Unit
Well, hopefully you can get your WinDVD to work again--because that's what I recommend. My version is 2.1 and it works great. It's the version that came with my DVD-rom drive. I use it for my screen captures like the one of Eleanor and Fred that you see below. I wouldn't recommend upgrading until you've exhausted all attempts to fix your current version. Especially if the reason to do so is to make screen captures. I wouldn't say it's worth the price. But if you've got the money to burn, I guess it doesn't matter. But to me that's 4 or 5 DVDs I could be buying with that money.

Good Luck.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I prefer powerdvd myself..look up cyberlink and powerdvd. should find the site easily.

JACOB

Pascal A

Second Unit
Snapz Pro is the only one I know of that works for mac, but requires running in OS X. A scaled down version was shipped with my Powerbook G4 about a year and a half ago, so I don't know if the new systems are still shipping with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks