Screen at the corner of a room

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Kevin_F, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Kevin_F

Kevin_F Stunt Coordinator

I am planning to mount my projector screen at the corner of my room, with the scrren forming a triangle, if you picture a corner and the screen, has anyone else set their room up like this, or does everyone have their screen parallel to the wall?

2. John S

John S Producer

Never an FP setup, but I have done a ton of in the corner installs of RPTV's. Works decently well, as long as you can arrange the furniture in a way that allows decently accurate surround sound.

3. Kevin_F

All of the seats will be alligned perfectly striaght with the screen

4. Paul-D

Paul-D Stunt Coordinator

Kevin, I don't see anything wrong with doing your screen in a corner like that. Most people would think it's a waist of spac though because of the emptiness behind the screen. It should work just fine though, as long as like mentioned above, your surround sound can be set up ok. The only other thing I would think about is any other ambient light that could get behind the screen.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Good luck and let us know how it all pans out.
    Paul

5. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    The only problems I see are the waste of space behind screen, and the mounting of the 3 front speakers(especially center speaker).

6. Kevin_F

The space behind the screen might hold my dvd collection, I haven't really decided yet, but the space will be used somehow.

I plan to get towers for the fronts so no need to mount them and the center will depend on how low the top of the screen will be so it will either be mounted from the ceiling or it will be on the floor.

One other thing I am unsure about is the fact that my ceiling is a white drop ceiling. Could this be a problem?