What's new

Scream SE region 4 anamorphic and DTS! (1 Viewer)

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
Found this at www.dvddebate.com :

Leading distributor Magna Pacific look likely to be releasing the definitive version of Wes Craven's modern-classic Scream this March 12th.

The major features are technical - with a rare Anamorphic transfer as well as a promise of a DTS 5.1 soundtrack - but the extras appeal too, as shown below

Commentary by Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson
TV Spots
Production Featurette
Behind the Scenes Footage
Cast and Crew Interviews
Special FX Gallery
Film Facts
Theatrical trailer

While the supplementary features appear identical to the long-available R1 special edition, the inclusion of an anamorphic transfer and DTS, makes this potentially the definitive version of a modern-horror classic.

Released March 12th with an expected RRP of $29.95.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
According to Rewind, this is the R-rated theatrical cut, so it's still not quite the definitive release. The Japanese release is anamorphic and is the director's cut.

DJ

Will*M

Grip
Try cdjapan( cdjapan.co.jp) or hmv Japan (HMV.co.jp) both have English as an option on their sites.

JonS

Stunt Coordinator
I am thinking of getting that dvd at cdjapan, and I just wanted to make sure from someone here that this is indeed the director's cut of the film. thanks.

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
Yes it is... but be warned the quality isn't great... it's both cuts squeezed onto a dvd9 and the audio is only at 320kbps which sounds pretty bad...

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
I just thought I'd mention I just bought this r4 release and it has very good A/V quality. The video transfer has similar problems to all the previous releases I've seen but overall it's probably the best I've seen it.

MattWel

Stunt Coordinator
I am trying to decide between the Japanese director's cut and the Australian dvd that has the theatrical cut. Is the picture quality on the Australian dvd so much better that I should pass up the director's cut?

MattWel

Stunt Coordinator
glad to hear you say that since I ordered the Japanese dvd a few hours ago. thanks Dean.

Bill Geiger

Second Unit
The picture quality on the R2 Japanese disc, from what I have heard, is terrible. I have the R4 and I found it to be..at least through my eyes, a great transfer.

MattWel

Stunt Coordinator
I hadn't really heard it described as terrible before, but if it is I'll live with it. I have heard that all of the different versions have issues so I guess I'd just rather have the director's cut. I guess I can always order the R4 later, it can be had pretty cheap at around $21.00 or $22.00.

CraigL

Screenwriter
I've heard it was terrible as well. :frowning:

I'd love to get an anamorphic version too but since when is $22 cheap for a DVD? lol. That's pretty damn expensive where I come from.

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Hey Matt,
Have you received the SCREAM R2 dvd yet? If so, how is the A/V quality, in your opinion? My friend has the DTS dir.cut on laserdisc, which I have ready access to. I've been contemplating an anamorphic dvd of the longer cut for some time now. Would you recommend this version? If the R4 Australian version was uncut, I would have bought it ages ago, by the way. Thanks in advance,
Marty.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks