What's new

Scream Queens Season One (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
If there is already a thread out there, please merge this one in...I couldn't find one.

Any thoughts? A bit campy and over the top. Just saw the Pilot episode so far but will be catching up today.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I can only imagine that the vast majority of people here would hate this show (and many of those without even watching it) but it has the exact kind of demented comedy that I love. There's lots of bad behavior, as much bad language as you can pull off under the ears of the FCC and ridiculous violence. And I'm a sucker for a whodunit so I'm definitely going to keep watching.

Also, I don't know if they intend it to be this way but I think this show is a really biting commentary on "the kids today" and their narcissism & addiction to technology.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
I laughed often during the pilot, but by episode 2 I had enough. The characters are not people, just vessels to spout the admittedly sharp put downs and pop culture references dreamed up by the writers. I guess I'm not supposed to actually 'care' about any of them because many will be picked off before the season is over, but that is not reason enough for stories this shallow.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Pretty much the same here. I've watched all the eps so far, but it's not "must see". Not sure if I'll watch to the end.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I couldn't make it through the pilot either.

Glee I thought was great for it's first half season. Then, when the show returned it had a completely new personality, that of "Watch us! We've got a BIG HIT SHOW!" and it completely killed it for me. Scream Queens suffers the same fate for me; that 'high school girls are going to love this!' mentality. It got annoying very fast.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
DaveHof2 said:
I laughed often during the pilot, but by episode 2 I had enough. The characters are not people, just vessels to spout the admittedly sharp put downs and pop culture references dreamed up by the writers. I guess I'm not supposed to actually 'care' about any of them because many will be picked off before the season is over, but that is not reason enough for stories this shallow.

I watched part of the pilot and had the same reaction. Although it was nice to see the kid from Rock of Ages get another job. :)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Anyone still watching this? If you're not, don't worry, it hasn't gotten much better. But I have to say, Chad Radwell cracks me up. I was laughing all through this weeks episode.

Niecy Nash kills me too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks