What's new

Scream need to have a Vista Series (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Just because this is the only one that isn't 16x9 yet.
And it was a pretty popular movie for B.V.

I'm sure there's new extras they can come up with.

Michael Dueppen

Stunt Coordinator
Definitely my opinion. I was so unhappy when the Trilogy Box was released and Scream 1 was still non-anamorphic (Scream 2 was anamorphic in the Box although it was non-anamorphic before).
Non-anamorphic NTSC just doesn't cut it. Watched the disc last week and it just looks bad when zoomed in.
I'd definitely like a new anamorphic version of this.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I think this would be a great idea. I don't currently own any of the Scream films, but would certainly consider getting them if made with the care of the Vista series.

CameronS

Supporting Actor
I totally agree.

I didn't buy the Scream box set for this very reason. Actually, I still have the original version of Scream still sitting on my shelf. If Disney would release a Vista series, or any anamorphic version of Scream, I would buy the current box set and just switch out the copies of Scream.

Screw the extras! They are nice, but should only be icing on the cake! Give me Scream in anamorphic widescreen, enhanced for 16:9 displays!

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
I'm still waiting for a 16:9 enhanced director's cut of SCREAM- a Vista Series release would be real nice on this title. But then again, Buena Vista really needs to re-master a bunch of their titles in 16:9 enhanced wide screen. ARMAGEDDON, FROM DUSK TILL DAWN, HALLOWEEN: H20 and THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS top my list of titles in urgent need of re-mastering.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Unless Disney changes their "No unrated material (probably includes NC-17)" policy you'll never see the DC of Scream. The LD was released by a 3rd party

Charles M

Stunt Coordinator
I'm all for a Scream Vista series. Would love to hear it in DTS. Got a chance to hear all three in SDDS at the movies.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I COMPLETELY agree about "Nightmare before Xmas..." but I'm not holding my breath. They have already put out 2 versions, the 2nd being excellent in terms of extras and new DTS. (sigh...)
I will NOT buy non-annie...
:) D

Rob T

Screenwriter
I'm waiting for a better edition of Scream. Even if it was just a barebones disc with 16x9 enhanced widescreen, I'd buy it for sure. :)

Jonathan_

Second Unit
Count me in for a repurchase. I have the boxset, but would killfor a 16x9 uncut version of Scream.:D

HenrikTull

Second Unit
Unless Disney changes their "No unrated material (probably includes NC-17)" policy you'll never see the DC of Scream. The LD was released by a 3rd party
Actually, I do believe they have changed their policy... to an extent. When Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was released on DVD it contained unrated material. Kevin Smith pointed out that the movie would be rated NC-17 hadn't he cut out much of the deleted scenes that are on the DVD.

So, while maybe Disney doesn't approve of unrated features, they have relased unrated material. It's only a matter of time...

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Actually, Scream was released uncut on VHS tape. The 4 different blue/black covers with closeups of each actress's face on them, those were the uncut versions. Although the back clearly says "R", they are definitely uncut (and MAR as well :frowning: I've actually viewed a copy and it's all there, the "intestines rolling out of stomach" scene, the extended throat slashing, head in the garage door extended scene, everything.

Ryan_TD

Stunt Coordinator
I'm with you all for a Vista-Series SCREAM uncut DVD.
This was one of the best horror films of the 90's.
Also Buena Vista definately needs to put out new-anamorphic transfers of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN and NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS and keep all those extras on there!!

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
I'm still waiting for a 16:9 enhanced director's cut of SCREAM- a Vista Series release would be real nice on this title. But then again, Buena Vista really needs to re-master a bunch of their titles in 16:9 enhanced wide screen. ARMAGEDDON, FROM DUSK TILL DAWN, HALLOWEEN: H20 and THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS top my list of titles in urgent need of re-mastering.
I would also like to add "Halloween 6: The Curse Of Michael Myers" (1995) to that list. The current DVD is kinda crappy: non-anamorphic (the same transfer from the 1996 LaserDisc?), 2.0 Ultra Stereo, no extras. The only thing good about it, (besides being on DVD), is that it's widescreen, (1.85:1), which is surprising because Di$ney seems to love P&S/open-matte so much.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I've got the Japanese R2 version which is Anamorphic and includes the theatrical and directors cut on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks