1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release Scream Factory Press Release: The Devil Rides Out (1968) (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Message #1 of 9 Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019 at 2:17 AM
    Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 1.24.43 PM.

The legendary Christopher Lee stars in 1968's THE DEVIL RIDES OUT—one of Hammer Films’ most accomplished thrillers. We’re proud to announce its Blu-ray release slated for Oct 29th!

The debonair Duc de Richleau (Lee) has been trusted with the care of his deceased friend’s son, Simon Aron (Patrick Mower). The Duc discovers that the young man has been seduced into joining a Satanic cult headed by the diabolic Mocata (Charles Gray), who is intent on making Simon one of the Devil’s disciples. Having rescued Simon from a bloodied ritual, de Richleau is pursued by Mocata, who will stop at nothing to destroy the Duc and his friends, even summoning the Angel of Death itself.

Extras to be announced on a later date. Pre-order now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/the-devil-rides-out…

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Cinematographer
    Supporter

This is a fantastic, atmospheric film. I got to see a really nice 35mm print of it several years ago. Loved it.

RICK BOND, Reggie W and dpippel like this.
  3. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    Great news - I hope they will provide the original unaltered version in addition to the one with the replaced effects. Also the original mono audio would be nice to have with that cut.

4. RICK BOND

RICK BOND Second Unit

RICK
    I hope... Rasputin the Mad Monk & Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde will be next in the Hammer series.

aPhil likes this.
  5. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

6. Will Krupp

Will Krupp Cinematographer

Will
    I also hope they replicate the "look" of the Hammer blu-ray. The artists in charge went for a very lush "Technicolor look" and I love it. I'll wait for reviews on this one (but would also like to have the unaltered fx shots, too!)

7. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    They’ve already confirmed elsewhere that it will be the original version.

Timothy Bodzioney likes this.
  8. Will Krupp

Will Krupp Cinematographer

Will
    I'm curious as to what it will look like. The image quality on the UK blu is scrumptious overall (with a just a few odd patches here and there)

9. RICK BOND

RICK BOND Second Unit

RICK
    I'm sure this Shout release will look Excellent. I never bought the UK Bluray with the New special effects. This will be the original version. Can't wait to see it. : )