What's new

Press Release Scream Factory Press Release: The Day The World Ended (1955) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
268559933_2370410436429287_6205234505179725859_n.jpg

The Roger Corman classic DAY THE WORLD ENDED is coming to Blu-ray for the first time in North America… RIGHT NOW! This is a site EXCLUSIVE and comes with a 1950’s style folded 18” X 24” poster while supplies last.

After the world has been destroyed by nuclear war, an unlikely group of survivors take refuge in a mountain retreat. With tensions mounting and trust all but gone, they discover that fighting each other is the least of their problems. Something outside is stalking them...something dangerous...and mutant! This ‘50’s sci-fi classic stars Richard Denning (The Creature from the Black Lagoon) and Touch “Mike” Conners (Mannix) and was Produced and Directed by roger Corman.

EXTRAS:
NEW 2K Scan From a Fine Grain Element
NEW Interview with Producer/Director Roger Corman
Order directly from our site only today: https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/day-the-world-ended...

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
One of my favorite Corman classics with Paul Blaisdell, Monster Maker @ his side!! I just poped on it, thanks Ron!!! The Special offes the 2K scan plus a wnderful Poster of it as well...I just couldn't say no to that!! He sur loved his Atomic explosions, and Thermin music!!
watch

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
This isn't one of the Susan Hart's titles, is it? If not, I hope we can also get NOT OF THIS EARTH (1957) sometime down the road.
No. It isn't one she owns. Thank goodness. She does own a few AIP ones that many have been hoping for release, but she refuses to allow them to be released on video. I am hoping for some others that aren't owned by Hart to get released soon: Blood Of Dracula, Teenage Caveman and The She Creature. I don't know about the status of a few others like The Brain Eaters, Voodoo Woman and The Undead. Night Of The Blood Beast seems mired in sub par public domain releases. That could use an upgraded blu ray transfer.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
No. It isn't one she owns. Thank goodness. She does own a few AIP ones that many have been hoping for release, but she refuses to allow them to be released on video. I am hoping for some others that aren't owned by Hart to get released soon: Blood Of Dracula, Teenage Caveman and The She Creature. I don't know about the status of a few others like The Brain Eaters, Voodoo Woman and The Undead. Night Of The Blood Beast seems mired in sub par public domain releases. That could use an upgraded blu ray transfer.
is there a list of Susan Hart's movie properties? The Brain Eaters, Night of the Blood Beast, The She Creature, Not of this Earth, all are n my Fondue BRD Hit List.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
is there a list of Susan Hart's movie properties? The Brain Eaters, Night of the Blood Beast, The She Creature, Not of this Earth, all are n my Fondue BRD Hit List.
From Wikipedia - Hart now owns the rights to 11 movies made by her late husband's company: It Conquered the World (1956) and its 1966 remake Zontar, The Thing from Venus, Invasion of the Saucer Men (1957) and its 1965 remake The Eye Creatures, I Was a Teenage Frankenstein (1957), I Was a Teenage Werewolf (1957), The Amazing Colossal Man (1957), Terror from the Year 5000 (1958), Apache Woman (1955), The Oklahoma Woman (1956) and Naked Paradise (1957).

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
From Wikipedia - Hart now owns the rights to 11 movies made by her late husband's company: It Conquered the World (1956) and its 1966 remake Zontar, The Thing from Venus, Invasion of the Saucer Men (1957) and its 1965 remake The Eye Creatures, I Was a Teenage Frankenstein (1957), I Was a Teenage Werewolf (1957), The Amazing Colossal Man (1957), Terror from the Year 5000 (1958), Apache Woman (1955), The Oklahoma Woman (1956) and Naked Paradise (1957).
nice...I know that It Conquered the World, Amazing Collosal Man were released to BRD by KL. the other Sci-Fi titles would be on my list as well. on those currently are on DVDs in various levels of quality. Even the Larry Buchanan cheese fests deserve a facelift. Thanks

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Other hard to find no budget wonders on my BRD hitlist are (1960) Cape Canaveral Monsters and (1964) the Creeping Terror (1965) Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster and of course is another 1965 classic Monster a Go-Go!!

Attachments

• 81RmeRXC+EL._SL1500_.jpg
    81RmeRXC+EL._SL1500_.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 71
  • CREEPING_TERROR_14VEE.jpg
    CREEPING_TERROR_14VEE.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 83
  • MV5BNjhkZDYyYjctNjMwOC00YjVlLThkZGMtZDQ1YWVmNjUyY2MzL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTYxNjkxOQ...jpg
    MV5BNjhkZDYyYjctNjMwOC00YjVlLThkZGMtZDQ1YWVmNjUyY2MzL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTYxNjkxOQ...jpg
    817 KB · Views: 74
  • s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 75

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
nice...I know that It Conquered the World, Amazing Collosal Man were released to BRD by KL. the other Sci-Fi titles would be on my list as well. on those currently are on DVDs in various levels of quality. Even the Larry Buchanan cheese fests deserve a facelift. Thanks

Glad I have these in my collection.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks

Hey Capt., I just checked, KL never released ICTW or TACM.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Hey Capt., I just checked, KL never released ICTW or TACM.
My Bad, it was the monster that challenged the world viw KL and War of the Collassal Beast by Shout factory I was thinking of!!

Attachments

• IMG_0430.jpg
    IMG_0430.jpg
    770.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0429.jpg
    IMG_0429.jpg
    599.1 KB · Views: 74

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Yes. The spring of last year. Glad to see it's out.
I was happy to see Attack of the Crab Monsters on BRD, but from what I'm seeing now is it's OOP? Got mine a while back, now they're going @ prices like some of the Twilight Time blu rays?!!!

Attachments

• 274921_large.jpg
    274921_large.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 69

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

Attachments

• 715Sf8WMn6L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    715Sf8WMn6L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 70
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    321.4 KB · Views: 71
  • MV5BMTM1Mjk4MzAxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDQ1MDc5._V1_.jpg
    MV5BMTM1Mjk4MzAxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDQ1MDc5._V1_.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 76

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
NONE of Susan Hart's films have made it to Blu-ray. We couldnt even get them on DVD in the USA. No Colossal Man, no It Conquered the World, no Saucer Men., and no Teenage Werewolves or Frankensteins
Invasion Saucer Men and The Amazing Colossal Man have a decent Italian DVD release. Teenage Werewolf has an import DVD as well.
Susan Hart = BAD for the home video market-holding out on some beloved titles that she thinks are worth $100,000+ for. Instead of people enjoying the films in HD, she'd rather keep them in her closet with mothballs !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks