1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release Scream Factory Press Release: Let's Scare Jessica To Death (1971) (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 12.26.08 PM.

Coming January 28th!

Released from an institution after suffering a nervous breakdown, Jessica (Zohra Lampert, The Exorcist III) seeks the tranquility of a secluded home in Connecticut to help make her recovery complete. But instead of a restful recuperation with her husband and close friend in the New England countryside, Jessica soon finds herself falling into a swirling vortex of madness and the supernatural! And an even more unsettling discovery is that the entire region seems to be under the influence of a mysterious woman who has been living in the supposedly empty house. Jessica's fear and dread only intensify when she discovers that the "undead" girl, Emily, tragically drowned long ago, on her wedding day. Is she back to take vengeance?

Reggie W and ahollis like this.
  2. Message #2 of 7 Oct 3, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    darkrock17

darkrock17 Screenwriter

Andrew McClure
    First it was Silver Bullet, which took me by surprise, now this little gem; this looks good for other Paramount Horror titles to get releases such as My Bloody Valentine and April Fools Day.

TravisR likes this.
  3. Will Krupp

Will Krupp Cinematographer

Will
    Hey, your post needs an "oiler-spay ag-tay"

4. darkrock17

darkrock17 Screenwriter

Andrew McClure
    Why do I need a spoiler tag?

5. Message #5 of 7 Oct 3, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    Will Krupp

Will Krupp Cinematographer

Will
    Fixed, never mind

6. darkrock17

darkrock17 Screenwriter

Andrew McClure
    I've never seen this movie, just know about it by name. I didn't mean to give anything away, when I said gem, I was referring that this film is not widely known and is unique.

donniecasali and Will Krupp like this.
  7. The Drifter

The Drifter Supporting Actor

Jim
    Great news. LSJTD is one of my top three favorite '70's horror flicks (the other two being The Sentinel & Burnt Offerings).

As a teen, I first saw part of the film on a late night network TV showing circa 1987, and I found it very disturbing. I later got the DVD from Big Lots; this was my first time seeing the movie in it's entirety.

This film is excellent; creepy & atmospheric without being gory. The old, somewhat isolated house & the surrounding countryside with the unfriendly/hostile elderly inhabitants is very unsettling. And, ZL is extremely convincing
    as a woman who is already very mentally unstable due to recovering from a nervous breakdown, and ends up being driven insane.

My interpretation of the film's meaning
    & ending is: The redhead squatter (that was found in the house in the beginning) was a vampire, who had been living in the area for 100+ years. And, all the old men (who had a lot of cuts/wounds all over themselves) were her "subjects". The old portrait/picture that was found in the attic definitely verified that the redhead was very old, even though she was young in appearance.