What's new

Scream Factory Press Release: Brides of Dracula (1960) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
2020-08-10_15-15-41.png

Our love for Hammer Films continues with an upgraded version of BRIDES OF DRACULA starring Peter Cushing from us in an all-new definitive edition!

Details we have currently are as follows:

• National street date for North America (Region A) is 11/10.
• This is being presented as a Collector’s Edition release and will come guaranteed with a slipcover in its first three months of release.
• The newly commissioned artwork you see pictured comes to us from artist Mark Maddox (Dracula: Prince of Darkness, Frankenstein Created Woman). This art will be front-facing and the reverse side of the wrap will feature the original theatrical artwork.
• New extras are in progress and will be announced on a later date. We can confirm today though that we are proceeding with a new transfer of the film!
Pre-order now directly from us @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/brides-of-dracula-collector-…
The first 500 orders from our site will receive an exclusive limited-edition 18” x 24” rolled poster of the exclusive new illustration.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Perhaps I will finally be able to retire my "Brides Of Dracula" laserdisc, with its quite wonderful CAV Side 2 image archive. Or perhaps not. Either way, it's my favourite Hammer horror film, so bring it on.

It's my favourite Hammer horror as well (never been a huge fan of Lee's horror films, although he is usually good in other films). Will be interesting to see what the aspect ratio is, as the otherwise existing blu ray is a little tight in places.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
It's my favourite Hammer horror as well (never been a huge fan of Lee's horror films, although he is usually good in other films). Will be interesting to see what the aspect ratio is, as the otherwise existing blu ray is a little tight in places.
It will be 1:66.1 & or 1:85.1 Maybe Both ratio's ? like the other Shout Hammer Bluray releases. The Existing 4 disc set Brides was 2.00:1 ? Wrong like the Phantom disc.

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
It will be 1:66.1 & or 1:85.1 Maybe Both ratio's ? like the other Shout Hammer Bluray releases. The Existing 4 disc set Brides was 2.00:1 ? Wrong like the Phantom disc.
If its like the previous releases Shout will use the US theatrical ratio of 1.85:1 as the default and then provide an alternate 1.66:1 version as an extra. The Old Blu Ray was incorrect at 2.00:1

JeffT.

Deceased Member
brides01.jpg

"Transylvania! Land of dark forests, dread mountains and black unfathomed lakes. Still the Home of Magic and Devilry as the 19th Century draws to its close. Count Dracula, Monarch of All Vampires, is dead. But his disciples live on. To spread the cult and corrupt the world...."--The Opening Prologue Narrative from THE BRIDES OF DRACULA (1960) screenplay by Jimmy Sangster, Peter Bryant, Edward Percy and Anthony Hinds (uncredited) from the submitted script "The Disciple of Dracula" by Jimmy Sangster, directed by Terrence Fisher.

This is as close to SON OF DRACULA (1943) as Hammer Films would ever get.

While I like the film very much. Somehow there's still something about it that just doesn't fully appeal to me and I'm not sure just what it is.

Peter Cushing in his reprisal of the Doctor Van Helsing role carried over from HORROR OF DRACULA (1958) is typically great.

Beautiful (and fulsome) Francais "Sex Kitten" Yvonne Monlaur is certainly a most fetching heroine and a definite eye-appealing asset.

And theatrical trained David Peel in the dual natured role of the "young" Baron Meinster is brilliantly superb.

But perhaps being a definite step down from and immediately following the awesome wake of the (now) legend HORROR OF DRACULA (1958) is the problem.

As marvellous as vampire disciple David Peel is he just doesn't have the awesome, towering presence of Christopher Lee and it would still be a good 6 years before Hammer would see fit to revive the one-and-only Vampire King once again.

Universal Pictures originally co-billed THE BRIDES OF DRACULA (1960) with the abortively bad (and inappropriate) black-and-white stateside produced THE LEECH WOMAN (1960). Small wonder Hammer Films would shortly set about to package its own double features.

Anyhow, like the other Universal Hammer upgrades hailing from SCREAM FACTORY I will definitely be supporting it and I'm especially looking forward to seeing the Making of BRIDES OF DRACULA (1960) documentary featurette included as a bonus extra.

brides02.jpg

Jeff T.

:)

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
While I don't know that this is my FAVORITE Hammer film (DEVIL RIDES OUT likely holds that "honour") it's definitely one of my favorite Hammer vampire flicks. David Peel just oozes decadence and the whole thing has such a creepy, unsettling air to it that I always find myself sucked in. Looking forward to a correctly cropped disc! I didn't upgrade KISS OF THE VAMPIRE but I will have to have this one.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
View attachment 76797

Our love for Hammer Films continues with an upgraded version of BRIDES OF DRACULA starring Peter Cushing from us in an all-new definitive edition!

Details we have currently are as follows:

• National street date for North America (Region A) is 11/10.
• This is being presented as a Collector’s Edition release and will come guaranteed with a slipcover in its first three months of release.
• The newly commissioned artwork you see pictured comes to us from artist Mark Maddox (Dracula: Prince of Darkness, Frankenstein Created Woman). This art will be front-facing and the reverse side of the wrap will feature the original theatrical artwork.
• New extras are in progress and will be announced on a later date. We can confirm today though that we are proceeding with a new transfer of the film!
Pre-order now directly from us @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/brides-of-dracula-collector-…
The first 500 orders from our site will receive an exclusive limited-edition 18” x 24” rolled poster of the exclusive new illustration.

Terrific art work!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
296582cf-10a2-45cd-aa0c-4bd42a00b6f3.jpg
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

SCREAM FACTORY™ PRESENTS

THE BRIDES OF DRACULA
Starring Peter Cushing, Freda Jackson, Martita Hunt, Yvonne Monlaur
COLLECTOR’S EDITION

HIGHLY ANTICIPATED HAMMER CULT CLASSICS
ARRIVES ON BLU-RAY™ NOVEMBER 10, 2020​
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
934d8cb7-007f-4278-b2ab-e8f4ce1aec03.jpg
[/TD]
[TD valign="top"]
S.gif
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]
S.gif
[/TD][TD valign="top"]
S.gif
[/TD]
This fall, brace yourself for the long-awaited Hammer cult film classic arrives on Blu-ray. On November 10, 2020, SCREAM FACTORY is excited to present the highly sought-after classic THE BRIDES OF DRACULACollector’s Edition Blu-ray. Directed by Terence Fisher (The Curse of Frankenstein) and produced by Anthony Hinds (The Phantom of the Opera), this chilling horror classic stars Peter Cushing (Star Wars Episode IV – A New Hope), Freda Jackson (Clash of the Titans), Martita Hunt (Great Expectations), and Yvonne Monlaur (License to Kill). A must-have for movie collectors and loyal fans of Hammer Films, this definitive release contains special bonus content, including new 2K scan of the interpositive, new audio commentary with author/film historian Steve Haberman and filmmaker/film historian Constantine Nasr, new featurettes, and much more!​
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

Avid fans and collectors, please take note: those who order THE BRIDES OF DRACULA Collector’s Edition from ShoutFactory.com and get an Exclusive 18” x 24” Rolled Poster featuring brand new artwork, available while supplies last!

Marianne (Yvonne Monlaur), a beautiful young girl, is stranded en route to a teaching assignment in Eastern Europe. She is persuaded to spend the night at the nearly deserted castle of the mysterious Baroness Meinster (Martita Hunt). In the castle, Marianne accidentally discovers a man chained to the wall in his room. The Baroness explains only that he is her "sick and feeble-minded" son. Unable to get any further information from her or the maid, Marianne steals a key and sets him free. But once unbound, the man – Baron Meinster (David Peel) – fiendishly recruits the undead for his evil purposes while Marianne and Dr. Van Helsing (Peter Cushing) try to stop him in this classic Hammer Film.​
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

“BRIDES OF DRACULA”
Starring PETER CUSHING FREDA JACKSON MARTITA HUNT YVONNE MONLAUR
Screenplay By JIMMY SANGSTER, PETER BRYAN And EDWARD PERCY Directed By TERENCE FISHER
Produced By ANTHONY HINDS Executive Producer MICHAEL CARRERAS
A HAMMER FILM Production
BRIDES OF DRACULA © 1960 Hotspur Films Ltd. Renewed 1988 Hammer Films Production Limited.​
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • NEW 2K Scan from the Interpositive – in two aspect ratios 1.85:1 and 1.66:1
  • NEW Audio Commentary with author/film historian Steve Haberman and filmmaker/film historian Constantine Nasr
  • NEW The Men Who Made Hammer: Terence Fisher
  • NEW The Men Who Made Hammer: Jack Asher
  • NEW The Eternal and the Damned – Malcolm Williamson and The Brides of Dracula
  • The Making of Brides of Dracula– narrated by Edward De Souza plus interviews with Yvonne Monlaur, Jimmy Sangster, Hugh Harlow and more…
  • The Haunted History of Oakley Court
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Radio Spot
  • Still Gallery
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.85:1, 1.66:1)/English DTS-HD Master Audio Mono/English SDH Subtitles/1960/Color/Approximate Feature Running Time +/- 86 Minutes
[/TD]
[/TD]

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
That cover art is Beautiful ! .......I Can't Wait ! :) :dancing-banana-04: .... I hope they also do Night Creatures (Captain Clegg) and Paranoiac ! Still NO Curse of Frankenstein news about a... Restoration ? That UK Bluray is Atrocious ! :(

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
That cover art is Beautiful ! .......I Can't Wait ! :) :dancing-banana-04: .... I hope they also do Night Creatures (Captain Clegg) and Paranoiac ! Still NO Curse of Frankenstein news about a... Restoration ? That UK Bluray is Atrocious ! :(
Also Nightmare(1964).

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Also Nightmare(1964).
Not a big fan of Nightmare. It's the weakest of the 8 films in the Universal 4 disc Bluray set. The Universal Bluray is good enough for me. Not Double Dipping if Shout releases it. Shadow of the Cat I just got last month. Also from Shout, and I like it Better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks