What's new

SCREAM 10th Anniversary SE this fall? (1 Viewer)

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator
Hopefully our wishes will come true and we'll FINALLY get an anamorphic transfer AND the unrated cut of the film.

Re-release all 3 films as 2 disc sets with DTS and 5.1 tracks for a REAL ULTIMATE COLLECTION.

I have my old ULTIMATE set waiting to be thrown out anyday now!

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I'd certainly buy a new copy of Scream if it was anamorphic widescreen. Having both cuts on one DVD would be an added bonus for me. I can't believe I saw this in the theater almost 10 years ago already.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
sniff, sniff.... Fart?

I have a good anamorphic SCREAM from Australia, DTS. Looks GREAT but there is the PAL speedup.

Bob Partovi

Stunt Coordinator
disney owns the right's so no uncut "x" rated edition most likely. There are a thousand extras already sheesh.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

I think there was a bit of a loophole in that it was Image Entertainment who technically "released" it through their then-deal with Disney. The perception was that laserdisc was such a small, specialized market that an unrated, uncut release in the format would stay under the radar. If a similar third party were to handle the title for DVD, I could see that happening. But Disney themselves, no, they stick firm to that policy; even the "badder" BAD SANTA edit carried an "R" rating.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
No, it doesn't. It is "unrated" as noted by the big box on the front that says "The Unrated Version" and the large-font tagline "The Naughty Version You Didn't See In Theaters!", as well as pumped in the blurb on the back as "The Unrated Version--the longer, funnier, more explicit motion picture."

So if they did it for "Bad(der) Santa", there's no reason they can't do it for "Scream."

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator
There were only 3 scenes that were trimmed IIRC.
I don't see ANY reason to think that they wouldn't do it right if they are going to do it at all.
It doesn't really need any new extras,just a new transfer of the uncut version.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I think there were actually 5 small bits...but my guess is that if they re-submitted it for a new rating, they could probably get an R in today's horror climate.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
The trims were:
* Steve's intestines falling out.
* Zoom in to Casey's body at regular speed.
* Tatum's head being crushed by the garage door.
* Kenny looking up at the killer after his throat is cut.
* Billy stabbing Stu more times.
* Stu's blood dripping off his hand and creating a pool on the floor.

I have the uncut German DVD which is great. For those sensitive to PAL speedup, there is also a Korean disc which is also supposed to be anamorphic and pretty good quality.

-Lyle J.P.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I still watch my laserdisc over the DVD. I'm still looking for the DTS laser though. I have the Scream 2 DTS disc (which sounds terrific), but I can never seem to find the first film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks