What's new

Scratches on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I've never once bought a DVD in a "snapper" case that was either loose out of the box, or scratched as a result of being loose. Never. I personally have no problem with the packaging from that viewpoint.

I just bought The West Wing box set, and the fourth disc is scratched horribly! There's a huge visible gash in the disc that's easily noticed, and of course, it didn't play at all. What I thought was ironic was that the first three discs (which include all of the episodes) were DVD-18s, and all of those played just fine, but the fourth disc, which was a DVD-9, had the scratch - and it had the scratch on the data side rather than the blank side which had no label, so it looked like it could have been a DVD-18. They came so close to not damaging the disc, just on the other side and it would have been fine. At any rate, I called Amazon (since I ordered it from them), and they immediately agreed to send out a replacement, no questions asked, and to just use the prepaid return label that would be included with the new set to send back the old one.

I think in four or five years of DVD ownership, that's only the first or second time that's happened. I hope my lucky streak continues.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks