What's new

Scrambling your atoms, any volunteers? (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
It works in the movies, Star Trek, The Fly etc...
But is instantaneous teleportation of human beings possible?
No problemo! According to a magazine article, "If you worked out the location of each atom in your body, and recorded all that information on CD-Roms which were than stored in a cube, that cube would need to have sides almost 1000km long", says Professor Samuel Braunstein.
"Than it would take 100 million centuries to transmit that information."
[that quick?]
However computing power doubles every 18 months.
"If this continues to hold true, in a century we might be in a position where we can start thinking about teleporting a human being." says the Prof.
Its already been done with light, using 'Quantum teleportation', light was teleported over a distance of one meter!.
Wahay! erm wouldn't it have been easier to just beam some light over one meter? [ssshhh!]
But wait just think of the possibilities, scrambling Eric Scott's atoms with say Estella Warren's atoms mmmmm Estella's atoms... and than beaming them into the next room and than looking in horror at the results, hmmmm...
crazy.gif

Beam me up Scotty!

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Ah, but who figured we could get all the info we do on a DVD. Maybe we could use some lossy compression - that's it! Lose pounds now with our new teleporter diet.
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Steve, I'll try it if you try it! But you uh, gotta go first! Link Removed
------------------
My top ten movies that need to be on dvd:
1. Akira Kurosawa's Dreams 2. Freaks 3. Men With Guns 4. The Ninth Configuration 5. The Reflecting Skin 6. Santa Sangre 7. Treasure of the Sierra Madre 8. Voyager 9. White Heat 10. Wings of Desire

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Nah, the only thing I want scrambled is my eggs, I love the smell of scrambled eggs in the morning, isn't that what Robert Duvall said in Apocalypse Whenever? I'm sure it was.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
I remember watching a program about this subject as well as other sci-fi inventions. Most of the "experts" agreed that it was very unlikely. Their rationale centered on the fact that the re-sequencing would be damn near impossible. To many pieces and parts moving simultaneously...
Hmmm, are there any HTF fizz-ah-cysts out there???

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"Lose pounds now with our new teleporter diet."
Count me in as a test subject
smile.gif

Brent L

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
But wait just think of the possibilities, scrambling Eric Scott's atoms with say Estella Warren's atoms mmmmm Estella's atoms... and than beaming them into the next room and than looking in horror at the results, hmmmm
How about just beaming Estella Warren to my place
smile.gif

------------------
RobertDuvall.jpg
"Charlie don't surf."

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'll try it. Just as long as I do not end up with the Chroma Bug or the Flicker Bug. I don't want a doctor to suggest I need a Firmware up grade to cure me. My wife likes my firmware just the way it is
smile.gif

Peace Out~ Link Removed
------------------
http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Ron,
I think, perhaps, in a 100 million centuries, they might get those bugs worked out. However, by then, you'll have to upgrade wife 1.0 to the 2.0 version.
smile.gif

Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Just when you thought our buddy from across The Pond couldn't come up with a more offbeat topic. ...
smile.gif

------------------
2001-a.jpg

Karen-Fowler

Auditioning
What about the Simpsons episode where Homer bought a
teleporter for 35 cents and wanted to use it to not have to walk so far to the toilet.

Karen-Fowler

Auditioning
What about the Simpsons ep where Homer buys a teleportation device for 35 cents and wants to use it to save walking to the toilet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks