What's new

Scott Weiland says STP reunion "in the coming months" (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

Scene in the Tropics

Between this and No Doubt having a new album, 2008's shaping up to be an awesome year for music for me. What's next? John Lennon and George Harrison come back from the dead for a Beatles reunion? James Iha rejoins the Smashing Pumpkins?

Eh, I guess John and George is more likely. ;)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
awesome news. I hope they re-record their original song for The Crow they did before BRandon Lee Died called "Only Dying" its on their demo tape "Mighty Joe Young". apparently the studio version of it is lost and was never found again after they changed the song to "Big Empty"

if anyone wants some new STP studio stuff and cant wait. one of the band members released five Outtakes from the "No. 4" and "Shangri-la" albums which you can download for free. you can also get the demo album and some other live stuff here Enjoy.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Pretty cool news. I'd go see them again. I saw them years ago at the old Omni in Atlanta and it was a great show...they sounded excellent. From what I recall, they did an acoustic set in the middle of the show.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
One of my favorite bands ever. I have my fingers crossed that maybe this leads to some new music.

I saw them at the Voodoo Music festival back in 2000 and it was a great show. Unfortunately, I was right up front against the rail and got kicked in the head a number of times by crowd surfers. I ended up passing out later that night from a concussion. Rock 'n roll is dangerous business. :)

Edit: Forgot to mention that there's a rumor going around that Weiland is out of Velvet Revolver and will be replaced by Sebastian Bach. Take it for what it's worth.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
A couple of dates are up at stonetemplepilots.com.

The Velvet Revolver saga is getting intense...but a lot of fun to watch from the outside. :)

A few days ago at a VR concert, Scott told the audience that "You guys are witnessing something special--this is the final Velvet Revolver tour." Supposedly the rest of the band was blindsided by this, and Scott didn't show up for the first part of the encore.

After that, drummer Matt Sorum said that VR wasn't breaking up, everybody just had a bad night and Scott was kind of crazy sometimes.

Scott then releases a statement bashing Sorum, mentions that he can no longer enjoy VR due to all the egos involved, and that a recent STP photo shoot was fun and inspiring "from the get-go."

I didn't dislike VR musically--I thought their second album was pretty good and the first had a few decent songs, but knowing that they were the #1 thing getting in the way of a STP reunion always soured me on them. I was worried about this STP thing being a one-time deal but I'm pretty reassured by all this drama. :D

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

I never really liked these guys anyway. It just seemed really contrived to me. I really wish supergroup's would take a break for a while...they never seem to work out.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Army of Anyone was a great band/album though. It didn't disappoint at all.

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Ya there is a Big Hoopla here about WMMR's 40th Birthday Party and STP is the Headliner. WMMR is on the Web there located in Philadelphia, PA and at 93.3FM in the Tri-State Area!! and streaming on the Web.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks