What's new

Scott MacQueen Retiring - Thank You For Work! (1 Viewer)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Last edited:

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Scott restored Bedknonbs And Broomsticks for the films 25th anniversary in 1996. Most of us didn't see the restored print until 2001 for the films DVD debut for the 30th anniversary.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus

Thank You For Your Work!​

Noticed in the article about the recent restoration of All That Money Can Buy (The Devil and Daniel Webster) which is great news.

[email protected]

Supporting Actor
I first met Scott when we were both working for Disney and stayed in touch off and all these years. I wish him all the best in his retirement, and definitely thank him and his crew for all the hard work and dedication in restoring classic films.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Mods: Maybe you can fix Scott's spelling of his last name on the thread title. It's MacQueen.
Mr. MacQueen did all film lovers such a great service in saving so much of our film heritage!

Last edited:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
"Before joining the Archive, Wiener said MacQueen was well-known for his role in Disney’s restoration department. Recognizing the value of Disney’s film assets, Wiener said MacQueen notably advocated for the preservation of Disney’s film library for future generations." C'mon Disney free Song Of The South

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Perhaps Mr. MacQueen will continue to contribute to future Blu-ray commentary tracks. He's so learned and full of breathless information -- always a pleasure to listen and fall asleep to (in a good way!)

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Grateful and appreciative that he restored the color and B/W versions of Doctor X -- and especially that WB brought those to the masses on blu ray. That's the frankly essential other half of the equation.

I still struggle with the logic of preserving and restoring film titles without allowing some mechanism for a home-viewing release -- whether disc, streaming or TCM. Unless it's for libraries, museums and universities to generate visitor fees ... at the cost of disenfranchising 99.9% of fans.

What other restored titles has UCLA in its possession that pine desperately for a 1st-ever consumer release .....?

Don't get me wrong. God Bless archivists and preservationists.

And I understand a library (of course including a BIG one, the LoC) can have possession of a restored print of a rarity but would be in no position to grant or even deal for rights to a blu ray distributor.

But it would be nice if this consideration were more routinely factored in.

Is there a print an organization plans to restore? How about a title/ownership search as part of that process? How about asking the organization/person determined to be the rights-owner whether they will collaborate so both owner and archivist/preservationist can benefit from an eventual home-media release? If the archivist/preservationist is a non-profit, no doubt they can find a worthy, IRS-friendly way of directing their end of the proceeds.

Am I naive? Should these questions not be asked?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks