What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (3 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Guys, I was carrying on with more Harry Kim themed episodes because of the brief discussion of his being written off the show at the end of the third season. I’m watching episode now that I don’t usually watch. So it’s kind of fun to re-see them. I finally did see Scorpion p1 and 2. As we know it depicts the alliance with the Borg to defeat Species 8472. And the introduction to Seven of Nine. So young Harry survived the attack by Species 8472 with the help of Borg nanobots. The next episode, Day of Honor, I don’t watch that often too and it involves B’Elana and Paris as they are marooned in open space in just spacesuits. And B’Elana confesses to Tom…won’t revival spoiler. :).

Two episodes later, Revulsion, it was sort of cringe worthy and awkward how Seven of Nine so coldly figured out that Harry was interested in her. In re-seeing that, it seemed odd that so early on, Seven was that perceptive to understand that.

Last edited:

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That was a great running joke!

1. Libby, his fiancée before Voyager left
2. Lindesey Ballard, who died and came back. And then left again.
3. Maggie O’Halloran, hologram
4. Delaney Sisters
5. Seven of Nine.
etc.
Wasn’t there another Hologram? I remember Harry getting mad at Tuvoc over a woman who turned out to be an alien?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
John, Yeah, that would be Marayna. That's the episode Alter Ego where Harry is is in love with her and everyone thinks she’s a hologram. Harry asked Tuvok to teach him how to suppress his emotions to get over Marayna. That’s not an episode I watched that often.

There’s a also an episode called The Disease where Harry has a romance with an alien woman Derran Tal and Janeway was very disappointed that he disobeyed regulations to be with her. That’s another episode I don’t watch very often.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I had the pleasure of meeting Miss Snodgrass at a convention in Columbus, OH while she was still a part of the TNG writing staff. A very intelligent and thoughtful person. I wish she had stayed with the show longer than she did.
Beautiful person. Wildly gifted. One of a kind.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I experienced a "hardly seen" moment last evening as H&I was running TNG's "Evolution", the first episode of Season 3. I've seen the beginning of that episode many times, but apparently I often nod off sometime in the middle. The whole bit with Data communicating with the nanites and Dr. Stubbs finally launching his "egg" are things that I've not seen for a lot of years. And the bit with Beverly talking to Guinan about parenting.

Also in that last scene with Wesley Crusher and friend greeting a table of young people, a character that was edited out is briefly identifiable. Scott Grimes, now a regular on The Orville, played one of Wesley's friends, but his part was left on the cutting room floor. If you look closely at that final scene, you can see a guy with very red hair coming into view as he leans forward. That's Mr. Grimes.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I experienced a "hardly seen" moment last evening as H&I was running TNG's "Evolution", the first episode of Season 3. I've seen the beginning of that episode many times, but apparently I often nod off sometime in the middle. The whole bit with Data communicating with the nanites and Dr. Stubbs finally launching his "egg" are things that I've not seen for a lot of years. And the bit with Beverly talking to Guinan about parenting.

Also in that last scene with Wesley Crusher and friend greeting a table of young people, a character that was edited out is briefly identifiable. Scott Grimes, now a regular on The Orville, played one of Wesley's friends, but his part was left on the cutting room floor. If you look closely at that final scene, you can see a guy with very red hair coming into view as he leans forward. That's Mr. Grimes.

Frank Grimes?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
New figures from Super 7 are great. Next November!!
st5.jpg

st4.jpg

st3.jpg
st2.jpg
st1.jpg

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Those figures are cool! Fajo indeed.

On a related topic, I totally forgot about the Hallmark Star Trek Ornaments this year. Life's been too busy. This morning I saw the Hallmark email for their after Christmas sale.

I see that this year, Hallmark released two more TOS figures thst are part of the series thet]y started in 2020 of the Mirror Mirror episode versions of Kirk, Sulu and Uhura. Plus the over the top at over $100.00 tree topper. Last year, I picked up the set and included Mirror Spock and Mirror Chekov. This year for the 2022 releases, I picked up Scotty and McCoy to finish up this particular Storyteller series collection. Makes me wonder if Hallmark will do Marlena next year. I also picked up the Strange New Worlds Enterprise ornament. It was sold out on Hallmark’s site unfortunately. I went to a secondary market seller. I decided to skip the transporter chamber snow globe. Maybe I’ll get it later, but it seems like another over the top piece. Hallmark has already done two earlier transporter chambers, so this like a cash grab. But knowing me, I might get it later this week. That finished the 2022 ornaments I wanted.

CEEA5763-6445-446D-86BB-9A739FFE7ABA.jpeg FD85AA7E-A92A-49DE-A36A-D9D0471DB1D8.jpeg 4D4AF0E4-F9F0-4351-8FF1-95070AF6C797.jpeg

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I got the Enterprise this year before it sold out - I like the design. It’s a little bigger than I expected, and I was disappointed that the batteries ran out in less than three hours - but fortunately it still looks good with the lights off

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That’s great Josh, I paid a little more then the retail $32 price for the Enterprise. I paid double from a Hallmark ornament re-seller. But I got Scotty and McCoy at Hallmark’s half off sale! So that makes it even!

Good to know about the battery life of the Enterprise. I’m surprised as I assumed it is powered by a power cord. Shows what I know, I buy these ornaments every year, but I haven’t actually tried them.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Pluto TV has been showing the original series for the last few days. I've been doing some computer work today and I've had it on all day. Season 3 is about to wrap up and I was hoping they would restart it again and keep going. No such luck. TNG is starting after "Turnabout Intruder." I like TNG, but there's something comforting about turning on the TV and watching TOS. I don't get that with the other shows, so now I'm a little sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks