What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (5 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey Scott, I sort of have one going, but it sort of got diluted.

I think it's time we got back on track and do another question. So by all means, if you have one, please do!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,

Okay, thanks. Name the episode based on the following pic. Hint: It is not from This Side Of Paradise.

87c1e173_thissideofparadisehd445.jpg

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Mark of Giddeon?

As i recall they used about 5 seconds of film of this empty bridge on TNG when Scotty walks into the Holodeck, to THE Enterprise.

I could be wrong about the episode, but i remembered the factoid.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Did anybody catch The Green Hornet marathon on SciFi today? Jeffrey Hunter and Paul Carr turn up in consecutive episodes, and even Mr. Atoz himself, Ian Wolfe appears in one. I'd bet some more TOS vets are in the ones I missed today.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Originally Posted by RickER
Mark of Giddeon?

As i recall they used about 5 seconds of film of this empty bridge on TNG when Scotty walks into the Holodeck, to THE Enterprise.

I could be wrong about the episode, but i remembered the factoid.

Rick,

You nailed it! It was Relics that I was thinking of -- I got the pic from the TNG episode thread that I often take pics from for trivia.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,

Yeah, but not tricky enough for the Rickster.

Rick,

You're up next if you want to ask a question. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys, especially Xenia:

I happen to catch a PBS program last night called Pioneers of Television. It was the first of the second season episodes. I didn't know about this and happen to catch a late night repeat of it. My local listings show it being repeated later this week.

The first episode is about the pioneers of Sci Fi television and Star Trek TOS, Lost In Space and The Twilight Zone was the focus. It was an interesting take on the contrasted Trek and LiS in a way I had not seen before. They discuss Roddenberry verses Irwin Allen. There was some recreations of scenes from Trek too as Xenia had suggested above.

I think it's worth catching. Though not super insightful and more broad. It was fun to see comments by Shatner, Nimoy, Billy Mumy, Angela Cartwright, Marta Kristen and Batman himself, Adam West.

I also posted about this in the TV forum. Next week is the Western genre and then the following week is Crime Drama, with Landau and Bain discussing Mission Impossible, Star Trek's sister series.

Xenia, I believe you are not in the US, so you may not be able to watch it. but I was thinking of you when I saw this.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,

Yes, I saw on FB that this was going to air, but unfortunately, I missed it. I hope it airs again soon. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott, You should be able to catch a repeat this week! I'm sure you can find a local listing here:

http://www.pbs.org/opb/pioneersoftelevision/pioneering-programs/science-fiction/

It's repeating on Sunday in my area.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys,
This weekend, Creation is promoting their annual Star Trek convention here in the San Francisco Bay area. The headliner Saturday is Leonard Nimoy. I planned to go, but unfortunately, it was sold out! I usually buy tickets at the door, so this was quite a surprise. I could have bought a more expensive Premium ticket, but I thought it wasn't necessary, as well as some friends who also passed on that price!
In honor of that, here's a trivia question: Name an infamous science fiction film Leonard Nimoy did in the 1950's.
Also, what is the most current project Leonard Nimoy is doing outside of acting?
This was rather disappointing to miss. While I've seen Nimoy and Shatner together several times, so that takes the sting out. I was thinking this would likely be one of his last appearances. But now I see that Leonard Nimoy has tweeted that he is no longer retired from acting and appearances.
Today the convention is mainly DS9 and Enterprise. Yesterday had not only Nimoy, but Nichelle Nichols and Friday had Grace Lee Whitney. Today Rene Auberjonius and Nana Visitor appear together and Conner Trinnier and Dominic Keating before them. I think I'll skip today, though it would be fun to see Rene and Nana on stage.
What I was surprised to see is that in the older Star Trek.com site, they would do Star Trek convention wrap-ups so if you missed it, you could read about the appearances and see photos. The new Star Trek.com appears to have done that for Friday's appearance and it was nice to read about Grace Lee Whitney's appearance. So I hope they do an overview of Saturday and Sunday.
As I've mentioned before, these conventions are quite the money pit with the kinds of packages they offer for premium seats and autographs and opportunities for photo-ops with a professional photographer. Quite an industry I'm sure not only for Star Trek, but other genres. However, an interesting and cool thing has happened in the past decade are the guest stars who come to conventions to an autograph room and they sign for $5. Peole like the actors who play Kelso, Boma, Julie Newmar, Barbara Luna and one of the hippie chicks from Way to Eden. Quite another little cottage industry where you can see Adam West, Richard Hatch, Richard Keel, and many more at autograph shows.
Ah, the good old days of the 70's when one could get in line and James Doohan, Nichelle Nichols and George Takei and even Bruce Hyde signed my stuff for free! I remember seeing Shatner and Nimoy in separate appearances at the same Convention weekend in Oakland in 1976. That was a huge one!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Right Michael on both. I had forgotten though that Zombies was a serial.

His current photography project is called Secret Selves.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Not much action here!

Okay, who turned 80 this week?

What former TNG star turned up on Grey's Anatomy this past week?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Right Sam. Hard to believe! It's great to see how active they both still are too.
The TNG star was almost unrecognizable.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Originally Posted by Nelson Au
It's great to see how active they both still are too.
BTW, I see a rumored listing on IMDB that Nimoy may be in The Hobbit as

Smaug.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's been a while since we last had any trivia!

I read something that surprised me recently and I'll toss it out:

Who is the actor to claim to be the first Klingon on Star Trek TOS. And it's not who you think it is. This raised some questions for me. Would it be the first we see on screen? Or would it be the first real Klingon character we see? Think about that one!

And on to another direction for this thread, I had been somewhat into a few third season episodes this week, 2 of my favorite ones, Enterprise Incident and Elaan of Troyias. We haven't really gotten into plotting and story much. But it occurred to me, in Elaan of Troyias, Scotty says there is a bomb rigged to explode the minute they go into warp drive and then later we learn the dilithium crystals are fused and unusable. Yet later, Scotty figures out how to use the stones that Elaan has on her necklace to regain warp power.

Here's the question, How did Scotty figure out how to dismantle the bomb?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks