What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (3 Viewers)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
That sounds like you had great fun Osato.

Maybe if they do it again, more of us can join.

I gather you didn’t get an answer for the 4K Star Trek releases of the TOS films.

Ill let you know if I hear of another one. It was a don’t miss event for sure.

they just acknowledged that it needs to happen as well. I believe more news is coming later this year. It just makes sense that those films will be coming in 4k.

Anything Star Trek fans can do to support new releases or events (hint, hint) Will help send a message to paramount too.

so I’ll be buying that motion picture book in May. I bought the trek films again in hd on iTunes too.
I bought the UHd Blu ray jj Trek set last year. Doing what I can.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I listened to the Inglorious Treksperts podcast re: The Roddenberry Vault blu-ray today. They remarked that they wished that the woman Kirk created his special world with in Generations was Joan Collins - I had never thought of that. I would have burst into tears in the theater. What a missed opportunity.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I listened to the Inglorious Treksperts podcast re: The Roddenberry Vault blu-ray today. They remarked that they wished that the woman Kirk created his special world with in Generations was Joan Collins - I had never thought of that. I would have burst into tears in the theater. What a missed opportunity.

Generations should've been called "Missed Opportunities", really, because the movie was one huge missed opportunity after another.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Generations should've been called "Missed Opportunities", really, because the movie was one huge missed opportunity after another.

I guess berman and Braga are really honest about it on the audio commentary.
Ive never listened to it!

on my to do list. Treksperts interviewed Brannon a while back to talk about generations. They mentioned the audio commentary too.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Osato, I just saw this on trekmovie, another Star Trek film viewing, Star Trek First Contact with Jonathan Frakes:

cool! No treksperts this time! Hmm.

I saw this ...

This event will be different from the Paramount/CYA.LIVE virtual screening of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan last Saturday. The IGN Watch From Home event requires you to bring your own copy of the film. If you don’t have a copy, it can be rented for $2.99 at Apple, Google, Vudu, YouTube, and other digital movie providers. There is no charge to join the Watch From Home stream, which you can watch live on IGN.com, and IGN’s YouTube channel. You can also participate in the live chat using their Discord or Twitter.

What was cool about the khan event was the movie, hosts and commenting could all happen in one place!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I’ve been carrying on my TNG viewing of season 4. Some really good episodes. Won’t bore you with recaps. There’s a lot of really good episodes and a few I was less enamored with. But thought I’d mention watching The Drumhead today. Had not seen that one in a long time. Very atypical in a way of an episode. And an interesting guest actor. Even in the enlightened 24th century, there can still be McCarthyism. What’s funny is today whilst I was working in my home office, I finally set up a HomePod I bought some time ago. It’s a second one in the house and it made it very easy to stream podcasts like Inglorious Treksperts. I was listening to the segment with David Rossi where they discuss the 40th anniversary remastering of TOS, there was some good bits of information there. Explains the reasons for why they were not making the Enterprise appear as it did and why they did the modernized version.

What’s funny is this evening after I watched The Drumhead, I randomly picked a TOS episodes, The Corbomite Maneuver, now that’s huge contrast of two Star Trek episodes from different eras. I watched with original effects of course.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
If anyone needs some new Trek podcasts....I started to listen to The 7th Rule yesterday. It's hosted, in part, by Cirroc Lofton of DS9 and the most current episode talked to director Kim Friedman about "The Jem'Hadar." I really enjoyed the stories about the episode from people who were actually there, especially from Friedman who I *think* was the first female director of Trek.

There's a secondary show called The 7th Hour 2, which appears to be recaps and talk about ST: Picard. The last new episode was at the end of March. Full disclosure: I haven't listened to it yet.

These are, of course, in addition to shows like Inglorious Treksperts, Mission Log, Daily Star Trek News, The Trek Files and the upcoming Delta Flyers.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Jason, wow, so many podcasts. Several I’ve never listened to for some reason such as the Mission Log, The Trek Files. I didn’t know about the Daily Star Trek News or The 7th Rule.

By the way, I was trying to figure out what Mark Altman ans Darren Docterman was referring to about a video version of their podcast and stumbled across the Comic Con panel they hosted on Star Trek The Motion Picture. I’d heard, but had not seen a video version. So it was cool to revisit in that David Fine was in the audience and spoke of he being in “talks” about a remastered 4K version of Star Trek The Motion Picture. I’m not a Facebook or Instagram user or Twitterer. But maybe I’ll join one of those to help add another voice to encourage Paramount. Or I’ll send a letter to Paramount as they suggested.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
Saturday afternoon I watched TOS Return to Tomorrow, which I had not seen in a good long while. I had forgotten what an amazing performance Leonard Nimoy gives in that episode. You can read everything in his face and it is chilling, he subtly puts across that the entity using his body is a sociopath. And I am sure Leonard loved playing something a bit different that week.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I’ve been doing a constant binge with TNG. Some really good episodes in the 4th season. Kevin, your post has me interested in taking a little detour back to TOS!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Thanks Nelson! I just created a wishlist and sent it to the store. When everything I want is available, they'll hold them and let me know.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
You’re welcome! I’ve got to get into the habit of doing the wishlist!

Perhaps Spock will be announced later like in July. My guess is maybe it was going to be a Comic Con exclusive. But since that is cancelled, maybe that blows my theory.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Another theory is the rest of the characters (Scotty and Spock) are slated for 2021.

Heck, I'd be thrilled if they threw in the characters from DS9, ENT and STD's mirror episodes. Make this a multi year series across multiple shows.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Another theory is the rest of the characters (Scotty and Spock) are slated for 2021.

Heck, I'd be thrilled if they threw in the characters from DS9, ENT and STD's mirror episodes. Make this a multi year series across multiple shows.

It seems to me that Paramount is playing follow the leader. They saw Disney buy Star Wars and start milking it for all they could. Paramount now seems to be doing somewhat the same thing thing.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It seems to me that Paramount is playing follow the leader. They saw Disney buy Star Wars and start milking it for all they could. Paramount now seems to be doing somewhat the same thing thing.

I don't follow what you mean. The ST line of Hallmark keepsake ornaments started in 1991. The SW line started in 1996...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks