What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (3 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That’s certainly a different take on reviewing Star Trek episodes. He’s taking in many Star Trek cliches and using them as the basis for the reviews. Good thing for the Internet Archive, but too bad it doesn’t seem to capture everything.

There is one thing The Alternative Factor has that’s interesting is it is directed by Gerd Oswald who directed several cool and offbeat Outer Limits episodes. So this episode is kind of in-line with an Outer Limits kind of story. He also directed The Conscience of the King.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
That’s certainly a different take on reviewing Star Trek episodes. He’s taking in many Star Trek cliches and using them as the basis for the reviews. Good thing for the Internet Archive, but too bad it doesn’t seem to capture everything.

There is one thing The Alternative Factor has that’s interesting is it is directed by Gerd Oswald who directed several cool and offbeat Outer Limits episodes. So this episode is kind of in-line with an Outer Limits kind of story. He also directed The Conscience of the King.

I love Star Trek so I appreciated the fun reviews. Good stuff.

I should watch a few this weekend.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I, too, like Star Trek 3. Heck... I get enjoyment out of 5 in spite of its negative aspects. It's no worse than the worst TV episode and I like it far better than "Empath."

I read that guy's "review" on ST3. This one line told me all I need to know about his biases:
But hey, it's a sci-fi movie, no one ever said it was expected to make a lot of sense.

After reading that I pretty much ignored what he had to say. He's not a SF fan, much less a Trek fan.

Last edited:

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I enjoy Nemesis a lot. Of the first 10, i go back to The Voyage Home least often. I was never a fan of Star Trek’s all out comedies. I like the 23rd century sequences a lot, but hated Catherine Hicks’ character and Leonard Rosenman’s leaden score was a huge let down after Horner’s amazing scores. I felt he would have contributed a wonderful “Cocoon” feeling score while keeping the thematic unity of the unofficial trilogy.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Honestly, and I know I’m in the minority, but I like all of them. Even the ones I don’t like I like.

There isn’t one that I don’t like. Each have flaws, each have merits. Some have more of one than the other, but I’d watch the Trek movies anytime over most other things.

IV is the one I enjoy most when I can watch with other people, while TMP is one I usually enjoy most watching solo. III was my favorite when I was a kid.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
Lee Meriwether took a selfie in her Star Trek dressing room.

cQQzeUqy_t.jpg

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That is really amazing to see that Meriwether selfie. That’s for posting it.

She looks a little like Lily Munster. Oh yeah, she was later on. Seriously, these kinds of photos are great to see what it was like making Star Trek.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
That is really amazing to see that Meriwether selfie. That’s for posting it.

She looks a little like Lily Munster. Oh yeah, she was later on. Seriously, these kinds of photos are great to see what it was like making Star Trek.

I didn't even know selfies could be taken using regular cameras-- I thought they were only a cellphone thing!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Any camera can take a selfie, you just have to hold it facing a mirror as she is doing.
Because of needing the mirror for the photo I found myself wondering just how many she took to get that one good one? I'd also say it's cropped simply because the AR is incorrect for that model camera held that way. And there's no evidence of a flash being used. That means that room was very well lit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks