What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (6 Viewers)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Nelson Au said:
Name 2 instances of a Frasier (or Cheers actor) actor on Trek and a Trek actor on Frasier.
Well, of course, there is Kelsey Grammer, who appeared on TNG's "Cause and Effect," and Bebe Neuwirth who appeared in TNG's "First Contact" (the episode, not the movie). And didn't Brent Spiner and Rick Berman both appear as bar patrons in Cheers? Not exactly what you asked, but there it is nonetheless. And wasn't Spiner on Frasier?

troy evans

Screenwriter
Sam Favate said:
Well, of course, there is Kelsey Grammer, who appeared on TNG's "Cause and Effect," and Bebe Neuwirth who appeared in TNG's "First Contact" (the episode, not the movie). And didn't Brent Spiner and Rick Berman both appear as bar patrons in Cheers? Not exactly what you asked, but there it is nonetheless. And wasn't Spiner on Frasier?
Also, Kelsey Grammer's character from "Cause and Effect" is heard on the comm of the Enterprise while engaged with the Borg at the beggining of "First Contact" the movie. Technically, it's just a voice role. Kirstey Alley( Rebecca) played Savik in "Star Trek 2" and Kate Mulgrew( Capt. Janeway) played a politician dating Sam on Cheers. Yes, I know these answers are more Cheers related than Frasier related. Sorry, that's all I got.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Patrick Stewart played a gay opera director who was sweet on Frasier in "Frasier." Also, Brent Spiner played a pale fellow passenger sitting next to Lilith on a plane in the same series.
As been stated Grammer played a Starfleet captain on TNG and Bebe Neuwirth played and alien in the episode mentioned above.
Also, Dan Butler (Bulldog) played an alien who could switch bodies with other people on an episode of Voyager.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
You guys got most of the famous ones! Not as hard as I thought. But would you believe there's still more! Would you believe some obsure appearances on Frasier and Cheers and one actor who had 2 appearances on Frasier after one of the spin off shows ended it's run?
I don't know about Rick Berman though.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Damn, can't stump you guys!
I recently saw the Fraiser with a very pale Brent Spiner who meets Lilith on a plane.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,
Has a winner for your last question been declared? It's not me, but I didn't want the thread to die. :)
I will ask a question just to keep it going, but should whomever the winner for the last question was wish to bump my question, that's fine. :emoji_thumbsup:
Excluding all films as well as episodes of TOS and TAS, name at least three episodes of Trek in which we hear the name of Kirk.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hi Scott!
I think that Sam, Troy and Kevin are all winners as they all named the answers as there was more then one right answer.
I didn't say anything after they answered. I meant to declare them all winners and should pose a question if they had one. So if they are inclined, a question would be cool! After someone answers Scott's new question above.
I also hate to see this thread die!

troy evans

Screenwriter
Ockeghem said:
in which we hear the name of Kirk.
I'm gonna take a stab at this and if I'm wrong.....TNG's "Naked Now", TNG's "Unification: part one" and DS9's "Trials and Trebbilations"

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Janeway also mentioned his name in a couple of eps of "Voyager." I'm crap at remembering episode names, though.
Archer also mentions his name in the "In a Mirror, Darkly" eps from season four.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
troy evans said:
I'm gonna take a stab at this and if I'm wrong.....TNG's "Naked Now", TNG's "Unification: part one" and DS9's "Trials and Trebbilations"
Troy,
Yep, those are three of the five I was thinking of for the question (I wasn't as concerned as to which part of Unification). So you're up next.
Kevin,
Your episodes are also correct, but Troy got in there first.
I like how the name Kirk has been mentioned in all six (counting TAS) series. :emoji_thumbsup:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I particularly enjoyed the remark that the temporal police had in Trials and Tribulations referring to Kirk as the worst offender when it came to time travel, IIRC.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Kevin Hewell said:
Wasn't he the worst offender of the Temporal Prime Directive, with Janeway coming in a close second?
Heh, I would've thought with VOY's ending, nothing Kirk ever did could come close to Janeway's violation of said directive. After all, Kirk let Edith die, Janeway went and changed a heckuva lot. Unless there are other time-travel instances of meddling that Kirk got into? I'm not sure that ST IV quite counts, and it's been so long since I watched TOS my memory is fuzzy.

troy evans

Screenwriter
Sorry to hold everyone up. Here's one, on the Enterprise D from TNG, out of all the crucial facilities on board, what is there only "one" of. Here's a hint, Jonathan Frakes joked about this in a Star Trek behind the scenes special. He even pointed it out on the ships schematic.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
troy evans said:
Sorry to hold everyone up. Here's one, on the Enterprise D from TNG, out of all the crucial facilities on board, what is there only "one" of. Here's a hint, Jonathan Frakes joked about this in a Star Trek behind the scenes special. He even pointed it out on the ships schematic.
A potty. :D

troy evans

Screenwriter
Greg, You got it my man. You're next. But tell me, can you imagine having to take a piss and you're on the opposite end of the ship. I guess you could do your business around a corner and then just phaser it up. However, then the weapons fire alerts would go off all over the f-ing ship. You're pretty much screwed. It's funny to me that in an age of site to site transporters that put you in the heart of a battle, to take a shit it's...... down the hall to the jeffries tubes. Then a mile on deck 2 to the turbo lift...yadda, yadda, yadda. Also, when you get there, what if there's a line? Even the coolest Vulcan will show aggression when pinching. If it's a Klingon, you're dead.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
Not to mention waiting in line behind over 1000 crew and civilians. Maybe someone has come up with a unique and sensitive use for the transporter. ;)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Last weekend, the Remastered The Enterprise Incident was aired. It features an improved Cloaking device on a Romulan ship that Kirk steals.
In the history of all Star Trek series and films, the set designers and prop department reused sets and props over and over. The Cloaking Device was made up of parts from other props. What were they?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks