What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (14 Viewers)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Name 3 guest actors who appeared in TOS, and reprised the part for TAS. This does not include characters that appeared in both, but had someone else voice the part for TAS.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
BTW here is some additional info on the whole NCC thing...
NCC doesn't stand for anything. It was devised by Matt Jefferies, art director of the first Star Trek series. Jefferies, who is a pilot, based NCC on 20th century aircraft registration codes. In such 20th century usage, an "N" first letter refers to an aircraft registered in the USA. A "C" second letter refers to a civil aircraft. Jefferies added a second "C", just because he thought it looked better. Think of it as being like the arbitrary three-letter code that's part of automobile license plate numbers in many states.”
Jefferies attributed the extra "C" to a combination of the US aviation code "NC", and the Soviet equivalent "CC CC".
The "Naval Construction Contract" idea came I believe from the Franz Joseph Star Fleet Technical Manual and is never actually used in any of the TV shows or movies.
Doug

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
RickER said:
Name 3 guest actors who appeared in TOS, and reprised the part for TAS. This does not include characters that appeared in both, but had someone else voice the part for TAS.
If I read your question correctly, I know this one and at the risk of answering so many, here goes:
1. Mark Lenard as Sarek
2. Roger C. Carmel as Harry Mudd
3. stanley Adams as Cyrano Jones

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Nelson Au said:
If I read your question correctly, I know this one and at the risk of answering so many, here goes:
1. Mark Lenard as Sarek
2. Roger C. Carmel as Harry Mudd
3. stanley Adams as Cyrano Jones
Yes, you read it right, and got it right. I was thinking other characters, like Kor, and Koloth appeared. But, James Doohan or George Takei had done the voice.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
There's an old trivial notation I made in my memory many years ago for a Star Trek triva question. It's incredibly obscure. But I'll try it here. On what Prime Time TV show during the 1980's I believe, do we hear the name Christopher Pike announced over a P.A.?

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Nelson Au said:
There's an old trivial notation I made in my memory many years ago for a Star Trek triva question. It's incredibly obscure. But I'll try it here. On what Prime Time TV show during the 1980's I believe, do we hear the name Christopher Pike announced over a P.A.?
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
:laugh: You got it! Well done!
I've never seen that show more then once. I thought I was the only one who remembered that or caught that little homage to Star Trek. What till you see my next question, you'll never get it!
Well, it's your turn Rick, if you're up for it.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I noticed that when i was watching Buck Rogers back in the day, as a kid. I told my dad, but he didnt know what i was talking about. I had forgotten that little tid-bit until your question...OK, let me think...
One of Star Treks cast is missing a finger. Do you know who it is?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
RickER said:
I noticed that when i was watching Buck Rogers back in the day, as a kid. I told my dad, but he didnt know what i was talking about. I had forgotten that little tid-bit until your question...OK, let me think...
One of Star Treks cast is missing a finger. Do you know who it is?
That's James Doohan (Scotty), isn't it?
BTW, you guys will love this. The name of Christopher Pike was actually said in another series, as recently as two (maybe three now) years ago. I heard it one night, and I couldn't believe it. It went something like this: "What in the name of Christopher Pike...". At first, I thought it was any Christopher Pike. But later that season (and in subsequent seasons) I heard related Trek tidbits, such as the 'neural neutralizer.' The writers or perhaps the creator of this show has to be a Trek fan. If it's my turn (and I don't know that it is yet), then take a stab at naming the show. :)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Ockeghem said:
fan. If it's my turn (and I don't know that it is yet), then take a stab at naming the show. :)
Yes it is. Doohan lost a finger during WWII as i understand. I forgot what finger, but i know you can only see its missing once or twice during the shows run.
I dont have a clue of the other show that referenced Trek, Scott?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I did a little searching, and I think the answer is:
South Park
Since I cheated, I don't get a turn. I don't know any worthy Trek trivia anyway.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Douglas and Greg_S_H,
I wasn't thinking either of Heroes or South Park, so either (or both) of you could be correct.
RickER said:
I dont have a clue of the other show that referenced Trek, Scott?
The show is for children. I watch it with mine. I'm trying to think of a hint that won't give it away too quickly.
Okay: One of the girls in the show is a science wiz. She often wears a shirt that reads "Science Rocks!" If no one knows after a short time, I won't prolong the agony!
Best of luck! :emoji_thumbsup:

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Well I know Heroes has some Trek references in it like George Takei's limo in the show has a license number NCC-1701, but I don't know about that one.

Doug

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,
Now you've got me curious! Anyway, the answer is Zoey 101.
Either of you guys may go next, since you did know shows that had Trek references in them. :emoji_thumbsup:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I think Nelson was thinking of Zoom, which was a popular kids' science show in the '70s. I just read that there was a recent revival that ran from 1999 to 2005, so it wasn't a bad guess.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The sitcoms Cheers and Frasier have had a history of cross-overs where actors have appeared on Star Trek. And Star Trek has been mentioned many times on Frasier.
Name 2 instances of a Frasier (or Cheers actor) actor on Trek and a Trek actor on Frasier.
If you consider the question broadly, there are a lot of correct answers! The question is left open as you could consider the 6 degrees of an actor where he/she could have appeared with a Trek actor outside of either show. Maybe that's too open a question!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks