What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (5 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Lee, while that is true, there is another set of items mentioned that's not seen that I had in mind. Sorry about that.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Nelson, well done. Looks more like the ship I grew up with than the grey, metallic one on the TOS remastered BDs.

On a separate subject, I watched A PRIVATE LITTLE WAR the other night on BD. The shot when they are sneaking into the camp and see the Klingon aiding the villagers, the POV shot where they are waiting for the guard to pass, seemed really wobbly and out of focus. Was the original negative that way and the higher definition revealed imperfections, or what happened? I don't recall the show being that wobbly and soft on the DVDs, but wonder if it simply was the limited resolution.

I'm talking about the establishing shot without the principal actors in it.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hi Alan, thanks, I appreciate that! That was the goal. :)I took a quick look at that sequence you mentioned in A Private Little War. There's a cut where you see the village building with arches and a guard is walking by. It intercuts with Kirk, Tyree and McCoy as they look on for an opportunity to enter. I watched a DVD version of the remastered Star Trek, so the disc predates the blu rays. That scene looks a little blurry there too. Must have been the source material being that way.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,You're welcome. And it does. Of course, of the 100+ photos, I suppose it's possible that we've not seen only about two or three. But we can hope. ;)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
It's a real subtle line and it's eluded me till now! Here's a hint, it's not dialogue. And I hope that doesn't throw you off too much.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Lee, I wanted to double check because I must have had a session in Dr. Adams chair and forgot! For some reason I thought it was a Captain's log last night when I gave the hint. It wasn't the Captain's Log. But it occurs at a segment where you'd expect to hear a Captain's Log, in the teaser. So sorry about that.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott, thanks for that link to the new artwork. Interesting to see the love is still there for all the older Star Treks.Lou, congrats on the phaser! I didn't get a chance to order mine yet, so I may have missed out on the promotional discounts. :(. On the trivia, any hints needed? I was beginning to think this question maybe too vague, but the answer is there in the episode. Perhaps it's how I phrased the question.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I'll give that a try Lou, thanks! Tomorrow is the 35th Anniversary of Star Trek The Motion Picture theatrical release. Seems like yesterday. Hoping and hoping for a properly remastered Director's Cut blu-ray of the film.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Thanks for the anniversary reminder. Did you guys see it on opening night?I hate asking for a hint on what is probably a perfectly direct and clear question, but I am really not getting this one.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Lee, one of my friends tried to get me to cut class that day, but I waited till after classes and went that evening. It was only two years after Star Wars changed the game and the audience was expecting the same kind of movie. I remember hearing one guy snoring near by. My recollection was that everything had changed after a decade of seeing the series in syndication. I had seen photos of the cast in the new uniforms in Starlog magazine, but it was still so different to see the cast older and in such new surroundings. It did feel big and epic. The more I see the film today, the stronger that sense is. I did see the film a few times back then, even once at a drive-in where I recorded the film's audio!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Regarding the trivia, the question refers to what the colonists took with them to Omicron. Kirk makes a direct reference to that. I know that might still seem insufficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks