What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (7 Viewers)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Anthony Hom said:
I would like to declare Ockeghem the winner, your turn.
Okay, switching gears a bit here....
In the VOY episode Learning Curve (one of my favorite early episodes from the series), Tuvok takes the Maquis trainees for a run around the ship. What is the distance that Mr. Tuvok has them all run? (I realize that a couple of them were 'lapped' along the way, but I'm just looking for the intended distance--the one everyone had to run in order to be finished for the day.) Good luck! :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Doesn't anyone have a guess for the question above? It's a standard distance in some circles. :)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Ockeghem said:
Doesn't anyone have a guess for the question above? It's a standard distance in some circles. :)
I have only seen about a dozen Voyager episodes total. I tuned out after the salamander one for good. Sorry buddy, i dont know. But 7 of 9 was good looking! :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
RickER said:
I have only seen about a dozen Voyager episodes total. I tuned out after the salamander one for good. Sorry buddy, i dont know. But 7 of 9 was good looking! :)
Rick,
If I told you that I used to run this distance in just under 38:00, would that help? ;)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Okay, since no one knows the answer, including me, I pulled the DVD out and found the answer: It was a 10 kilometer run.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
Okay, since no one knows the answer, including me, I pulled the DVD out and found the answer: It was a 10 kilometer run.
And you would be correct! You're up next. :emoji_thumbsup:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was trying to think of a good one, but this is what I have.
It should be an easy one. He is the father of a controversial Academy Award winning actor. He acted himself in the 50's and went on to be a director of many TV shows in the 60's and 70's and 80's, including Star Trek TOS. I thought he directed several TOS episodes, but it turns out he did one in the first season. If I'm wrong, plese correct me. Extra points if you can name the episode he directed too.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Leo Penn - The Enemy Within.
I cheated and used the internet but I knew the who the actor was right off the bat.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Here's a new question while we wait for Lou.
During the production of Star Trek The Animated Series, the Original Series stars returned to voice their characters. However, the budget was so low that some of the supporting cast were not gong to be hired. As the story goes, one of the main stars said, you either hire them, or I won't do this. Who was that actor; William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, or Deforect Kelley? And a bonus, who were those supporting actors?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
Here's a new question while we wait for Lou.
During the production of Star Trek The Animated Series, the Original Series stars returned to voice their characters. However, the budget was so low that some of the supporting cast were not gong to be hired. As the story goes, one of the main stars said, you either hire them, or I won't do this. Who was that actor; William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, or Deforect Kelley? And a bonus, who were those supporting actors?
Great question! I will go with Shatner. Incidentally, it would have been nice to have had Walter Koenig (Chekov) voice his part, but alas it was not to be....

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Nimoy, he wouldnt do it without Nichelle Nichols and George Takai. James Doohan and Majel Barret were going to double up on the voices. Course all the secondary Trek actors did double time with the voices. They played many of the "guest" star voices as well.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Correct Rick. Very good! And Walter Keonig got an opportunity to write an episode.
Do you want to take a crack at posing a question, Rick?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
RickER said:
What the heck, why not. An easy one i bet. What does NCC stand for.
Rick,
You've got me. I didn't know it stood for anything, although I've often wondered if the 'CC' might have to do with Constitution Class.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, me too scott! I looked it up at Memory Alpha and it didn't have an answer for that. Though they explain the NX (for Enterprise's NX-01) as a designation for experimental craft. So the closet I can come up with is that it's the prefix for the registry number of Starfleet starships.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Sorry guys, hunting up trivia questions is not my forte so continue on. I might throw in my two cents from time to time.
As to what NCC stands - it has been construed in the Enterprise blue prints to stand for Naval Construction Contract.
But I believe the true origin is related to a designation the US had for certain political/economic contracts for trade purposes. That designation was NC. For aesthetic purposes an additional C was added and hence NCC came into being.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Lou Sytsma said:
As to what NCC stands - it has been construed in the Enterprise blue prints to stand for Naval Construction Contract.
But I believe the true origin is related to a designation the US had for certain political/economic contracts for trade purposes. That designation was NC. For aesthetic purposes an additional C was added and hence NCC came into being.
Right on both points Lou.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
RickER said:
Right on both points Lou.
Rick,
You might need to go again, as Lou has said he doesn't usually engage in trivia. I'm only mentioning it so the thread doesn't stall. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks