What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (6 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Why did they do it! Why did they do it Scott! :)Actually, Lt Harold's name wasn't heard on screen. I don't think it was. It's listed on Memory Alpha where I got it.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,I'm sorry. I thought there was one or (perhaps) two answers remaining from your question. I'll think one up. In the mean time, please feel free to ask away if you have one ready.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Scott!I guess between now and when Scott has something, let's open the floor to anyone who has a trivia question. Maybe I'll try between the 100's of things I have to get done today. I know we've been doing really advanced or hardcore questions of late!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I watched me some dikironium last night. I thought it might be fun to ask a few questions about this episode. Whomever answers the majority will be the winner. :)

1) What is the number of Garrovick's quarters?

2) Give me one object (which you can hold) and one decorative feature (which you cannot hold) in Garrovick's quarters that we see in other episodes of TOS. (Neither of these are related to what Christine brings to him in the episode.)

3) What is noticeably different about the decorative feature relative to its appearance in another second-season episode of TOS?

4) When Kirk is in his quarters and is lying down face up on his bed, what is the object that is directly behind his head between him and the wall?

5) When Garrovick throws the cover of his food tray at the wall and moves the switch, two switch positions are seen. What are the two switch positions that are listed?

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
And it is our nature...to win!In fact, these are very hard. I do think I know the switch positions, though. Were they "active" and "bypass?"

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
FanCollector said:
And it is our nature...to win!In fact, these are very hard. I do think I know the switch positions, though. Were they "active" and "bypass?"
Correct.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Guys, forgive my silence. I've been busy with work stuff.I still think I'm going to have to watch the episode in order to answer the other questions!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Just a quick note Lee, as we all know it's the anniversary of the JFK assassination. I put the JFK book aside that you recommended to read the Cushman book. When everything settles down, I'll get to that book. Nothing new on the trivia side either. I will have to watch the episode when I can sit still for a minute!

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
There is a lot of looking back on the fiftieth anniversary, especially on television. It's interesting to see what is the same and what has changed in the way the news media covers a crisis. I also saw a NY Times article examining the different ways Kennedy (and other presidents to some extent) is portrayed in high school history books written from the late '60s through today, which made me think. (It also made me laugh because they looked at one textbook written by a former professor of mine, and they interviewed her and she still sounds exactly as I remembered!)Scott, was there a sword in Garrovick's quarters?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I'll be interested in reading that article. Thanks for mentioning it. A sword makes sense given Garrovick's occupation.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Lee,I honestly don't know if there is a sword in his quarters or not. But I'll check again and let you know. Remember too that both objects that are seen in Garrovick's quarters are seen in other episodes of TOS. Of course, the sword may meet that proviso as well! :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Lee for the link, I'll be checking that out. Too bad I haven't had time to watch all the specials on Kennedy this week. I will try to watch Obsession!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
"Impulse vent Number 2! We have a red light!" I watched Obsession. I think I have most of the other answers. I can't see how to do spoilers with the new Forum format. Since i looked, I could be cheating. Though I know Lee's thinking is that its not really cheating to be watching Star Trek.

So here are the answers I found, which I can't hide:

1. Cabin 341
2. The 3D Chess set and a plant
3. The color?
4. A red ball

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,Correct on three counts. The only one that needs more work is the object that you cannot hold. You mentioned the 3D chess set and a plant, and both of those can be held. But you have won this round anyway, since you have three correct answers out of five. The other object (decorative in nature) was the wall unit which resembles the Tantalus Field we see in Mirror, Mirror. The difference with this decorative feature relative to its appearance in another second-season episode of TOS is -- the color! It's interesting that you gave 'color' as an answer for one of your two chosen objects, yet not the one I was thinking of for the question.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That's interesting Scott, because the wall panel did pop out at me because it was so blue, but I forgot the question asked for a decorative object. And it did make me think of the Tantalus Field, but it didn't click in my head. One thing that has fascinated me ever since I was able to get those hard to find chess pieces is to find the even harder to find coffee carafe that is used in this episode and other episodes, zap, hot coffee! I'll try to think of a question.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
The Tantalus Field! Just never noticed that! Good question. The chess board I should have remembered because I have noticed that one before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    acinstallation172
    Recent bookmarks