What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (5 Viewers)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I get what you were hearing now. At first I thought it might have been an autocorrect thing!Yes to Vulcan. Just the last three left now.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The spell check has been something I've cursed at! In my mind, I'm paraphrasing McCoy in Patterns of Force! :)10. " This....unit.....must......die....."9. " The mind can be controlled."Gee, I hate to grab at the remaining answers! Number 8 is proving to be difficult.

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
8. I don't know where I come from! What my planet is.

It might be Gideon.

Does it matter so much?

Yes, it might help me pinpoint our location.

From "The Mark of Gideon". I find this a very haunting episode, although not a fan favorite. The green faces in the viewer really scared me as a kid.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
:lol: Thank's Lee!

Mark Of Gideon makes sense Bryan! Yes, it's not my favorite either which is why I couldn't recall the line! Agreed about the imagery of the green faces, it makes an impression.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Correct! I had a feeling that number eight might be the hardest. And Bryan, I like a lot of things about The Mark of Gideon also. Final score is 7 for Nelson, 2 for Scott, 1 for Bryan.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Well guys, I had to be dealing with some stuff today so i didn't get around to developing a decent question.

So here's one that might be okay. Dr. McCoy has always been described as the cranky crusty old country doctor. And he has memorably demonstrated his cranky side in several episodes letting Kirk and others have it.

I can recall 10 episodes where McCoy lost his temper specifically at Spock. At times he got physical and slapped the furniture! Can you name them and possibly more? I have an 11th situation that might be questionable.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Dr. McCoy getting cranky? This might be my favorite question of all time!I'll start with The Doomsday Machine: "To blazes with regulations! You can't let him take command when you know he's wrong!"

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Bread and Circuses certainly had quite a few outbursts from McCoy. Not just the honesty line, but during the sword fight in the arena. "You tell him buster!" :)And in the cell, "I'm not sure they're sure."

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
One of the aspects of Bread and Circuses that's so beautifully written is the way that Spock and McCoy are especially snappy with one another throughout the first half of the episode, all played for comedy, and then the scene in the cell gets at the serious truth that is always under the comedy."You lost for us, you lost for that planet, and you lost for Jim!": The Paradise Syndrome. (Poor Spock really can't win in that one. Even after McCoy apologizes to him, he still get yelled at. "My prescription is rest now. Do I HAVE to call the security guards to enforce it?!")

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
You split that one like a diamond! Another correct one!

(By the way, I just discovered your thread on CBS shows still to finish on DVD. I hadn't been following those. I had not realized The Streets of SF was stalled, then finished. I only skimmed your post, so I wanted to reread. I recall how Happy Days and Laverne and Shirley was hyped on he Star Trek discs, so I didn't know they never finished those series. I guess Brady Bunch is fully released, I hadn't looked into that series either. I digress from the thread anyway. )

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
And how about every line of The Tholian Web? (One of the nice things about CBS/Paramount is that no stalled TV series title is ever beyond hope. Shows like Streets of SF, Have Gun Will Travel, Laverne and Shirley, and others laid dormant for years and then revived again. I am hoping that Cannon and The Phil Silvers Show have similar futures.)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure the Captain would have said, Correct Bones!

That one nearly came to actual physical blows when McCoy swung the Captain's chair around!

(I hadn't considered collecting The Streets of SF. Even though it was were I was born. But I might now, it's always cool to see SF in the early 70's.

I mostly remember Canon for the Lincoln he drove around in! But I never saw Have Gun or Phil Silvers, except in It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World!)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I think The Tholian Web example is a really good one. Of course, we really don't know when Bones was being Bones and when he was being affected by the region of space. I would say that when the chair is spun around, he is being affected by the region of space. I've thought about McCoy's temperament in that episode for several years.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,Is All Our Yesterdays on your list? How about Journey To Babel when Bones tells Spock to 'shut up'?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott, I hadn't considered All Our Yesterdays. He and Spock were at each others throats literally. But it was a case where Spock was out of his head and attacks McCoy after McCoy was trying to reason with him. He did poke Spock pretty hard with his comments about Zarabeth. That was an extreme situation that pushed them both. Okay, even though they were both "unprepared" and under some influence, I'll take that one!

I think you mean Journey to Babel where McCoy tells Spock to shut up? Lee already named Doomsday Machine. I wasn't so sure McCoy was actually saying shut up to Spock in anger. He just wanted them to be quiet and to rest? I'll have to re-view that one!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    acinstallation111
    Recent bookmarks