What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (3 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Right, I figure an implied reference would not count. I think you are looking for the names actually said on screen. I recall in Assignment: Earth, Sulu says the warhead was headed back to Earth impacting somewhere in the Euro-Asian continent. But I thought I heard a reference to the Sea of Japan. But that could be my memory playing tricks with me.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Lee, I didn't think so!

If you are accepting answers by context, then I submit:

"Mesopotamia, in the year 3834 BC........I was Akharin, a soldier, a bully and a fool."

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Greece for sure. Along with Germany, Rome and the United States, that's one of the few in which the entire episode focuses on a national history.Mesopotamia certainly counts, even though I had forgotten it! But I agree with you about Vietnam.Two more points.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Correct! Interestingly, Redjac's history lists three Earth nations, but all three are mentioned elsewhere in one form or another. I have two more.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was re-familiarizing myself with Penal Colony procedures and remembered there is a shipment going to the Central Bureau of Penology in Stockholm.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I checked. It reads "Stockholm, Eurasia--NE." I don't know what that means for this question, but it provides one of very few glimpses into the way 23rd century Earth is organized.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
I was re-familiarizing myself with Penal Colony procedures and remembered there is a shipment going to the Central Bureau of Penology in Stockholm.
Nelson,Good catch! And I watch Dagger Of the Mind frequently. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Scott,

I based that on the dialogue, I had not paid too close attention to the markings on the box Van Gelder was in.

That's pretty neat, Stockholm, Eurasia--NE. So was that accepted or a foul, Pro Council? :) Or perhaps place that one aside for now and work on the other 2.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thank you Lee.

I must confess of an answer I submitted above, I checked after posted it in the transcript to check my spelling. I accidentally saw another answer there in the same episode and dialogue. I didn't even know it was there before! I played the episode back a few times and then I could hear when i never heard it before. So perhaps someone else will get it

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Interestingly, both remaining answers come from episodes you have already quoted or referenced. One is a current nation (I suspect that's the one you stumbled upon) and one is not.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Lee, you are a very bright and imitative person! Yes, I stumbled onto the one you suspected. Funny how I never heard it before.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
Thank you Lee.

I must confess of an answer I submitted above, I checked after posted it in the transcript to check my spelling. I accidentally saw another answer there in the same episode and dialogue. I didn't even know it was there before! I played the episode back a few times and then I could hear when i never heard it before. So perhaps someone else will get it
Nelson,No worries, as you're far enough ahead of every one else to have already won this round. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks