Scorpions Moment Of Glory SACD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jerry Hostler, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Jerry Hostler

Jerry Hostler Stunt Coordinator

Here is some good news for Scorpions fans. "Moment Of Glory" is now available as a Hybrid Layer Multichannel SACD.
    http://www.highfidelityreview.com/ne...snumber=255850
    It is only being released in Germany as of right now, but you can buy it on www.amazon.de
    Now, if I could only read German I could actually buy this
    [​IMG] Anyone ever purchased from this site before, or can offer advice on how to get around the German only text? I really would like to order it.
    Jerry

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Jerry, I read a bit about the Scorpions SACD on Audio Asylum a few days ago. It only seems to be available in Germany for now.

I ordered a CD from amazon.de a couple of years ago. I remembered enough German from college and was familiar with how Amazon's web sites run to navigate the site and place an order. Try it out. What I would do is open two browser windows. On one, pull up amazon.com (US) and find the Scorpions CD. Then pull up the SACD on amazon.de. You will see that the general layout is the same. Go through ordering step-by-step, starting with the US site. You can through the entire process back and forth, just don't submit the order on the US site.

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Jerry, I just found the SACD on amazon.de:
    http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASI...311014-7432002
    My German is rough, but it seems as though it may not be available any longer. Either that, or they haven't gotten it yet. The release date is listed as June 21, 2002. In any event, there is no ordering option.

4. Jerry Hostler

Thanks Keith. That is good advice. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I wonder what the exchange rate is. I would hate to find out I'm spending $50 on this.

5. Jerry Hostler

6. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Jerry, I hope it does come out in the US. I don't like seeing SACDs from well-known artists not being made available in the US. I had to order WHAM! Make it Big from HMV out of Japan since it has only been released there. I paid $43 for it with shipping. Shipping cost more than the disc! The Human League Dare is another one. It is only available in Europe. The two-disc Simple Minds compilation is yet another one. It's available on circuitcity.com, but it's $45!