What's new

Scorpion Releasing (new company that offers rare/obscure/campy flicks) (1 Viewer)

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
DIAGNOSIS MURDER is the title of the Lee film. And the ZULU DAWN that's out there could easily be bettered.

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
I think the Zulu Dawn DVD release was in Pan and Scan. Considering it's a huge, epic widescreen movie the current release is unwatchable. They finally released it widescreen in the U.K., but the audio has lots of crackles and pops. I wish Criterion would release it. "Massacre at Central High" sounds like it might be more this company's type of film. I would love to see a watchable DVD of that.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Now more than ever, given that a new version is due soon (and at Sundance now).

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Stefan Andersson /forum/thread/295725/scorpion-releasing-new-company-that-offers-rare-obscure-campy-flicks#post_3653660
Would a release of THE KILLER INSIDE ME (1975) be possible?
It would be if you asked Warner Bros. for it, since they own the movie.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Unless I've missed it somewhere in this folder on the HTF, are there reviews yet for The Internecine Project and Power Play? And have Scorpion Releasing got their own website?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Originally Posted by WaveCrest /forum/thread/295725/scorpion-releasing-new-company-that-offers-rare-obscure-campy-flicks#post_3662860
Unless I've missed it somewhere in this folder on the HTF, are there reviews yet for The Internecine Project and Power Play? And have Scorpion Releasing got their own website?
DVD Savant reviewed The Internecine Project several days ago.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Robin9 /forum/thread/295725/scorpion-releasing-new-company-that-offers-rare-obscure-campy-flicks#post_3662994
DVD Savant reviewed The Internecine Project several days ago.
Where was the thread on HTF for DVD Savant's review of The Internecine Project?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Originally Posted by WaveCrest /forum/thread/295725/scorpion-releasing-new-company-that-offers-rare-obscure-campy-flicks/30#post_3663035
Where was the thread on HTF for DVD Savant's review of The Internecine Project?
Go into DVD Savant's main page. At the bottom is a list of recently-reviewed movies. You'll find The Internecine Project in that list. (At least, it was there yesterday!)
Incidentally, also at the bottom of the main page is link to an index of every DVD Savant movie review.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I am so excited to see GIRLY being released on 3/30 I need to order some of their other titles also. I so hope they will release a few films on blu-ray also.

But they seem to be releasing some cool titles and with decent extras.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
When watching some of the movie trailers in my copy of The Internecine Project at the weekend a couple of films stood out from the other films whose trailers I hadn't seen when I tested out my copy of Silent Scream:

The Girl in Blue (aka U-Turn) & Say Hello to Yesterday.

Is there a release date for these two films, and any word on what DVD extras (if any) might be on the disc for The Girl in Blue (aka U-Turn)? I've had a look on Scorpion Releasing's website and there aren't a lot of DVD extras on the disc for Say Hello to Yesterday.

walter o

Supporting Actor
According to DVDaficionado, SAY HELLO TO YESTERDAY release date is 6/29, and GIRL IN BLUE is due out in 7/27.

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
Extras on Say Hello to Yesterday - Audio commentary with director Alvin Rakoff, moderated by Film Historian Tony Sloman, Original Trailer
Extras on The Girl on Blue - audio commentary with star David Selby and director George Kaczender, On Camera Introduction by David Selby, Theatrical trailer

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Judging from the trailers some of these look like movies that would air on the Lifetime network on Sundays, know what I mean? I thought Scorpion was primarily a cult/horror label

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
"Judging from the trailers some of these look like movies that would air on the Lifetime network on Sundays, know what I mean? I thought Scorpion was primarily a cult/horror label"

And who's to say a romance film couldn't be a cult film? Or are cult films by their very definition limited to the odd and the quirky?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks