What's new

Scorpion Releasing (new company that offers rare/obscure/campy flicks) (1 Viewer)

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Puppet On a Chain?
Finally!
PuppetOnAChain1971-Cannon-one-2.jpg

March 20.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Reference: post #113 on page 4 of this thread.

Georgia, Georgia (1972) has a release date of Tuesday 26th June (source: DVD Aficionado).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Ator (1982) and Georgia, Georgia (1972) are now available for DVD pre-order on Amazon.com.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The Day After Halloween (aka Snapshot) (1979) has a release date of Tuesday 24th July (source: DVD Aficionado).

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
That boat chase was the best part of what I thought was an odd film. It wasn't easy trying to overlook a Brit being passed off as American, the lack of blood or wounds on the three victims at the beginning and an obviously non-L.A. looking location passing for L.A. (since when are directional U.S. signs printed in black on a white background?). I guess I set my expectations a bit too high after seeing three of my favorite war/action films quoted on the cover.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Also being released on July 24th by Scorpion is a double feature of........The Hearse (1980) and Blood of Dracula's Castle (1969) (source: DVD Aficonado).

Would have preferred if The Hearse had been released on it's own and not as a double feature. However, much looking forward to July.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by David Steigman /t/295725/scorpion-releasing-new-company-that-offers-rare-obscure-campy-flicks/240#post_3917329
Blood from Draculas Castle ? The Al Adamson schlocker ?
The Hearse alone would be just fine with me
Yes, it is the Al Adamson directed film (although it says on the IMDb cast and crew page for Blood of Dracula's Castle (1969) that there was a second director as well, an uncredited Jean Hewitt).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Couple of titles for August (source: DVD Aficionado):

Joysticks: 30th Anniversary Edition (1983) - Monday 21st August
Kill and Kill Again: 30th Anniversary Special Edition (1981) - Monday 21st August.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
July and August's Scorpion titles are now available for DVD pre-order on Amazon.com:

July (Katarina's Nightmare Theater):

The Day After Halloween - Tuesday 24th July
The Hearse / Blood of Dracula's Castle - Tuesday 24th July

August:

Joysticks: 30th Anniversary Edition - Tuesday 21st August
Kill and Kill Again: 30th Anniversary Special Edition - Tuesday 21st August.

Also, Savage Streets (formerly a Code Red title) will be part of the new Katarina's Kat Skratch (previously 'Scratch') Cinema line, and the double feature of The Hearse and Blood of Dracula's Castle could be a two-disc set (read about this on AV Maniacs).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Savage Streets (1984) has a release date of Tuesday 18th September (source: DVD Aficionado).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Ator - The Fighting Eagle (1982) has been released today, but Georgia, Georgia (1972) is listed as 'currently unavailable' on Amazon.com. Has it been pulled from Scorpion's release schedule?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Don't Answer the Phone! (1980) has a release date of Tuesday 16th October (source: DVD Aficionado).

Also, Georgia, Georgia (1972) appears to have been taken off the release schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks