What's new

Scorpion Releasing (new company that offers rare/obscure/campy flicks) (2 Viewers)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
January's Katarina's Nightmare Theater titles are now available for DVD pre-order on Amazon.com:

The Devil's Men (1976) / Terror (1978) - Tuesday 24th January (Scorpion Releasing listed as studio, but search for Wea-Des Moines Video)
The House on Sorority Row (2-Disc Special Edition) (1983) - Tuesday 24th January (Wea-Des Moines Video listed as studio)
L.A. is My Home Town - Tuesday 24th January (Wea-Des Moines listed as studio)
Revenge - Tuesday 24th January (Wea-Des Moines Video listed as studio).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Just a reminder that the delayed Humongous is finally released tomorrow. Do post your comments on this title.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Based one early viewing (skipping through the chapters), the print quality of The Carpenter (1988) looks very decent.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by WaveCrest /t/295725/scorpion-releasing-new-company-that-offers-rare-obscure-campy-flicks/210#post_3868774
January's Katarina's Nightmare Theater titles are now available for DVD pre-order on Amazon.com:

The Devil's Men (1976) / Terror (1978) - Tuesday 24th January (Scorpion Releasing listed as studio, but search for Wea-Des Moines Video)
The House on Sorority Row (2-Disc Special Edition) (1983) - Tuesday 24th January (Wea-Des Moines Video listed as studio)
L.A. is My Home Town - Tuesday 24th January (Wea-Des Moines listed as studio)
Revenge - Tuesday 24th January (Wea-Des Moines Video listed as studio).
Update on post #221, quoted above:

The studio now stated on the Amazon.com DVD pre-order listing page for The Devil's Men and Terror is Scorpion Releasing, and the studio now listed on the Amazon.com DVD pre-order listing pages for The House on Sorority Row, L.A. is My Home Town and Revenge is Scorpion Entertainment.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some Scorpion titles coming out in March 2012 (source: DVD Aficionado):

Puppet on a Chain (1971) - Tuesday 20th March, 2012
Satan's Slave (1976) (Katarina's Nightmare Theater) - Tuesday 20th March, 2012.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
February's titles are now available for DVD pre-order on Amazon.com:

Katarina's Nightmare Theater line:

Double Exposure (1983) - studio listed as Scorpion Releasing
Mark of Cain (1986) / Thrillkill (1987) - studio listed as Scorpion
Whispers (1990) - studio listed as Scorpion

and

Sidelong Glances of a Pigeon Kicker (aka Pigeons) (1970) - studio listed as Scorpion.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
A few updates on Scorpion Releasing's website:

1.) Action genre page - Puppet on a Chain (1971) has been added, with the front cover artwork previously available on Scorpion's main website page and DVD Aficionado's DVD releases page for 20th March, 2012, and extras info (widescreen master info, audio commentary, alternate scene and original trailer). It also states on the Scorpion website page that it will be a Region 0 title.

2.) Death Ship (1980) has been added to the Horror/Suspense genre page, with assumed front cover artwork.

3.) Front cover artwork has been put up for The Survivor (1981) on page 2 of Katarina's Nightmare Theater coming soon section.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The Katarina's Nightmare Theater line is continuing beyond March, with a title being released in April next year:

The Survivor (1981) - Tuesday 17th April, 2012 (source of release date: DVD Aficionado).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
March's titles are now available for DVD pre-order on Amazon.com:

Puppet on a Chain (1971) - studio listed as Scorpion Entertainment
Satan's Slave (1976) (Katarina's Nightmare Theater) - studio listed as Scorpion Entertainment.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Updated post #217 on this page, moving list of Katarina's Nightmare Theater titles left over, to this post (The Survivor isn't included in the list as that is now being released in April).

The Katarina's Nightmare Theater titles left over:

American Nightmare (1983)
The Day After Halloween (aka Snapshot) (1979)
The Fantasist (1989)
Human Experiments (1980)
The Incubus (1982)
Satan's Slave (1976).

Regarding the Coming Soon pages in the Katarina's Nightmare Theater section on Scorpion Releasing's website, the list of extras on the DVD Features list, for some of the titles in the list above, have been removed (The Day After Halloween, The Fantasist, and Human Experiments). The Incubus didn't have a list of DVD extras before anyway, but American Nightmare has had an additional DVD extra added to it's DVD Features list (Kat's Eyes interview with Paul Lynch).

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I was doing some random digging on imdb and clicked on a company called Camelot Entertainment, who, as I found out, are the rights holders to HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW. I also discovered that they currently own ONE DARK NIGHT, two William Girdler nature-run-amok films GRIZZLY and DAY OF THE ANIMALS and a slew of other great 80's horror/sci-fi flicks. I don't know who these people are - I was under the impression these were old Film Ventures titles, some which were released on video by Vestron - but I hope some of the films in that catalog make it to DVD. Scorpion is releasing THE INCUBUS, while Media Blasters did Grizzly and a couple of others, so that's a good sign. The one title I'm most interested in out of the Camelot library is WITHOUT WARNING mainly because it hasn't gotten a legit release in Region 1. My hope is that Scorpion has licensed a good chunk of those titles and plans to put 'em out soon.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by elDomenechHTF /t/295725/scorpion-releasing-new-company-that-offers-rare-obscure-campy-flicks/210#post_3890249
I was doing some random digging on imdb and clicked on a company called Camelot Entertainment, who, as I found out, are the rights holders to HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW. I also discovered that they currently own ONE DARK NIGHT, two William Girdler nature-run-amok films GRIZZLY and DAY OF THE ANIMALS and a slew of other great 80's horror/sci-fi flicks. I don't know who these people are - I was under the impression these were old Film Ventures titles, some which were released on video by Vestron - but I hope some of the films in that catalog make it to DVD. Scorpion is releasing THE INCUBUS, while Media Blasters did Grizzly and a couple of others, so that's a good sign. The one title I'm most interested in out of the Camelot library is WITHOUT WARNING mainly because it hasn't gotten a legit release in Region 1. My hope is that Scorpion has licensed a good chunk of those titles and plans to put 'em out soon.

Have checked Camelot Entertainment's library on their website, and The House on Sorority Row and The Incubus aside (the former was released this week, and the latter is on the way) would like to see the following titles released by Scorpion:

Cardiac Arrest (1980)
Hit and Run (1983)
A Man for Hanging (1973) - TV movie which was distributed theatrically in Canada
Offerings (1989) - has been released in the UK on DVD, but am not sure what the picture/print quality is like
One Dark Night (1983).

Who currently owns the Citadel Films library? Some interesting titles on their IMDb distributor filmography page:

Hospital Massacre (1982)
Mortuary (1983)
Scream... and Die! (aka The House That Vanished (1974).

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
According to DVD Aficionado it's supposed to come out on 5/15!

f6c09c11_156993-d1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks