Scorpion King - 10/1/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Mirza, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

Universal's The Scorpion King is due to arrive on October 1st.

The DVD will come with a commentary track with director Chuck Russell, an audio commentary with the Rock, a making-of documentary, alternate footage and deleted scenes, shot-by-shot fight choreography, Total Axess DVD-ROM content, Godsmack's "I Stand Alone" music video, and a sneak peek at Helldorado (The Rock's new feature film now in pre-production).

A second DVD set will be issued simultaneously and will include a bonus CD of never-before-released live performance tracks from Godsmack ("Keep Away," "Awake" and "Spiral").

Retail is $26.98 for the DVD and 39.98 for the DVD + CD.

2. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

And Im sure Scorpion King will be available in both Full Frame and Widescreen editions...
    Even though I wasnt a fan of the second Mummy movie, I actually liked the Scorpion King. Total action, blow shit up, popcorn movie! [​IMG]

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron

4. Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin Second Unit

I'm still waiting the Ultimate edtion/DTS version of Mummy Returns...Universal sucks.[​IMG] you never know what they are doing.

5. Robert Dallas

I want DTS please.

6. Leon Liew

Leon Liew Stunt Coordinator

I want to add The Scorpion King DVD to my 'Mummies' collection because it's sequential.
    Hmmm and also to 'own' Kelly Hu on DVD that's a treat. Never
    forget her role in TV's Martial Law as the buttkicking
    police officer. [​IMG]

7. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I'll pick it up if it has DTS. If I do, it will be the one-disc version...have no need for a godsmack CD- unless it is for a beer coaster.[​IMG]

8. BooneG

BooneG Stunt Coordinator

I read the press release and it makes no mention of the rock having a commentary. The only thing it says is that it contains footage from the commentary. Did I read it wrong or is Universal going to screw people again?

9. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

I might be tempted on this one....if it is closer to The Mummy rather than The Mummy Returns.
    Bruce