What's new

ScooterPalooza 2003: Scoot Almighty Updates (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
No final word on a PJ yet..may wind up dragging out the 400Q..Ole Faithful!

As for speakers...same ones I have used year after year...My old DJ stuff with an 18" bass bin for low end.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
I won't be able to stay for the movie (just like last year :frowning: ) but I still can't wait.

Looks like Scott Weinberg isn't going to be there. Too bad. I could use another dose of his preaching. :D

Is there a preferred start time or is it pretty much "whenever people get there"? I don't recall seeing it on any of the notices.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Got the first of the sponsor give aways...from the Poppin' Glow folks....these pops are way cool!!!!! They also supplied a coupla prizes for us as well.

As for start time...figure arriving around 1:00 PM...unless you wanna help then get here earlier and we'll put y'all to work! ;)

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Looks like Scott Weinberg isn't going to be there. Too bad. I could use another dose of his preaching.
Not to mention the soft pretzels.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

DarrinH

Second Unit
I just called the hotel and they have power.
Its within walking distance of Scooters so I'd say he has power.
Comfort Inn Suites, Budd Lake

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I'm sure Scoot was in the dark last night, all of north jersey was, but hopefully the scootplex is powered and ready to roll, please confirm!

Sam

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Nope..only lost DSL until JUST now!!! I was, however, stuck in Newark (ugh!) JUST as the blackout hit!

So....new subtitle:

ScooterPalooza 2003: Scoot Almighty
In The Shadow of The Blackout!

;)

Catchy..yes?

Greg Yeatts

Second Unit
Scoot

Actually, since you have power and they don't, you would be Scoot Almighty, Casting the Shadow in the Blackout of 2003.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Wow, that was some experience. I live in Staten Island, NY and work in Jersey City for a brokerage firm. I'm an IT guy (software developer).

We basically stayed up all night with problems at work. Our building's generator picked the wrong time to fail and when the power went out the generator didn't kick in like it was supposed to. Our whole data center went down. We're talking racks and racks of circuits, network hardware, servers, PCs, you name it.

It's a miracle we got things up and running by the time the brokers started coming in.

To make matters worse, the generator of this other building a couple of blocks from ours caught on fire around 10PM. It was un unbelievable sight. Everything was pitch black except for balls of fire on the rooftop of this building. Luckily, nobody was injured and the fire was contained in time. People have been able to go into work over there.

These have been some crazy couple of years. First I escape 9/11, now the "Blackout of 2003".

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Regards weather saturday...

Anyone who has one of those quick set-up tents....please consider bringing it. I have 3 tents here....one over food area...one over electronics...and one general use. A couple more would be VERY helpful!!!!

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks