What's new

Scooby Doo season one & two!! (1 Viewer)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Rock on! I wasn't sure -- due to the fact the show was so formulaic (dare I say "repetitive"?) if we'd ever see a complete season (not to mention 2 seasons) on DVD.

This new Hanna Barbera Series from Warner is going to kick butt! I imagine that a few months after The Flintstones and Scooby Doo, we will see The Jetsons and Jonny Quest.

Then what H-B titles might follow? Wacky Races?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Yes yes yes!!! That's all I've got to say about that...well, I promised WB if they put these releases out I'd buy all the other Scooby DVDs, so it looks like I've got to go order Scooby and the Witches Ghost.

Seriously, great news!

Ouch, the only downer for me is the $65 price for release, I will definitely be looking for bargons on this one, since 3/16/2004 is shaping up to be an expensive DVD day anyway.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Yeah, it'll probably come down to about $45-49 during sale week. Since I'm not rich, I'll probably only be able to afford The Flintstones during release week. Unless I still have $ left from my tax return (assuming I'll come out ahead this year)...

BB will probably be offering something along the lines of $15 off if you purchase both this and The Flintstones on the same receipt.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
YES!!!

Thank god for that Looney Tunes Collection!

I've been so critical of WB over the past few years for not doing anything with their Hanna Barbera catalogues and I have to say I'm overjoyed. I just hope we eventually get the whole catalogue of classic character releases.

I'd also like to see "A Pup Named Scooby Doo" also...

Time to sell those compilation discs.

Matt.Koz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Kozlowski
I hope that if Warner's issues future seasons, that they are issued in their original format. After the New Scooby Doo Movies, There was the Scooby Doo-Dynomutt Hour, the show then went to 90-minutes. The following year, it was part of Scooby's All Star Laff A Lympics and then finally Scooby's All Stars.

I know that probably will never happen, but at least I'd like if they included original openers and bumpers, etc, as I haven't seen those since my childhood.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
So Matt, was "Scooby Doo, Where Are You?" only for two seasons then? In my opinion, "The New Scooby Doo Movies" are the highlight of the series. So many great guest stars would make for an excellent DVD. I can easily see how that set might outsell all other Scooby sets. Everyone wants to see an animated Sandy Duncan solving a mystery.

Barry Hebert

Agent

I expect "The New Scooby Doo Movies" will be the last thing we see. Licensing/royalty issues for the celebrity voices and their likeness are probably show stoppers.

The "Scooby Doo Meets Batman" DVD featuring "New Movies" episodes is disappointingly missing the show's original opening theme. I assume this is due to the various celebrity likenesses in the opening credits.

Brenton

Screenwriter
Holy cow I can't believe it's finally happened. I've been wanting this for a while, but I never thought it would actually happen. My girlfriend wants it too. I can't wait to read the reviews.

Ha! How about the ethnic comedy of the The Harlem Globetrotters?

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I will be purchasing Scooby-Doo Season 1 & 2 & The Flintstones: Season 1 sometime during this year. Scooby-Doo & Flintstones are my favorite Hanna-Barbera cartoons.

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
I got this in the mail on Friday. Fantastic! It's been forever since I watched this show. Sometimes you're just in the mood to sit down and chill with gang and their Mystery Machine. The quality seems pretty nice to me, especially considering the age of the material. Well done!

Rob T

Screenwriter
I just finished the set. While the special features suck, the episodes are great. I would love a box set of all the 1 hour episodes though. They were (and still are, IMO) the ultimate highlight of the Scooby franchise.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Anyone notice the "screw-up" on the artwork? The slip-on cover is plastic, with parts of the "front" see-through, but when you slide the digipak fold-out package into the slip-on with spine outwards (as should be the case), the corresponding line-drawing artwork (which is same as the front of the plastic without colour) is on the "back", and a different non-matching picture of the gang in the van shows through the plastic.

To get them to align, you have to insert the package spine-first into the slip-on cover.

Weird. And I don't think this is the first time a DVD package has wound up this way, although off-hand I can't think of any others.

GarySchrock

Second Unit

To name one off the top of my head, the flintstones set that came out at the same time is the same way. So my guess is it's not accidental, but it's still stupid.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Yee-Ming, that's actually how Warner Bros does ALL their sets. I've chatted with one of the people over there and she told me that's how their templates are set up, but she doesn't know why. I told her I take my spines out and turn them around, which works for most of the sets, except ones like these (and Space Ghost which has a cutout).

Gord

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Thanks Gord. What can I say, "duh!" I wonder if these people actually "use" their own products.

Oh well, I suppose we could always insert the packaging spine-first, and arrange it on the shelf with the plastic slip-case's spine outwards for reference purposes. Still doesn't seem quite right to me, but it'll have to do.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I hear ya! Sometimes all it takes is someone else to come along and question something for change to come about.

Gord

Rodrick

Second Unit
Yes Another set I bought. I only like the originals. Plus the few they introduced Scooby's relatives Dee Dum and Scrappy. So maybe only 5 sets to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks