What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

SciFi home theater as seen on Reddit (1 Viewer)

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
I'm thankful I'm a traditionalist. I can't fathom spending that amount of money on a place to watch movies!!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I love the design but it’s not quite for me - I tend to prefer watching in as dark a room as possible with minimal visibility on my surroundings - so something with all sorts of light up elements just goes against my theater aesthetic. But as a Trek fan, I think it’s absolutely gorgeous.

If I could do anything I wanted and had the space, I’d probably make the actual theater room as close to a bland, darkened space as possible, but have a well decorated vestibule or lobby area that incorporated some kind of theme.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I love the design but it’s not quite for me - I tend to prefer watching in as dark a room as possible with minimal visibility on my surroundings - so something with all sorts of light up elements just goes against my theater aesthetic. But as a Trek fan, I think it’s absolutely gorgeous.

If I could do anything I wanted and had the space, I’d probably make the actual theater room as close to a bland, darkened space as possible, but have a well decorated vestibule or lobby area that incorporated some kind of theme.
My feelings exactly and that's what my room represents. I actually visited several commercial theaters when I was designing it and noticed the only lighted elements were the mandatory EXIT signs.

Still, the one shown in the OP here is amazing to see and would be a great game room.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It looks cool, but all that blue lighting seems to have had a detrimental effect on colour reproduction on the screen. PQ does not seem very impressive. I'm figuring a lot of those screens are turned off and the lighting either drastically dimmed or turned off for regular viewing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timwarner2022
Recent bookmarks