What's new

Scientific Atlanta 8100HD (1 Viewer)

HowardPM

Agent
Real Name
Howard
I just got my new DVR/HDTV cable box today and I'm try to set up the sound and its not working. I plugged the Digital COAX cable into the 8100 BOX and then plugged that into the receiver. Im getting no sound at all though. Only way I can seem to get sound is hooking up rca cables to the Cable box and the receiver, but that kinda defeats the purpose of digital sound. :)

Any ideas?

Thanks

HowardPM

Agent
Real Name
Howard
Ok heres an update, I connected a fiberoptic audio cable from the box to the receiver and it works fine, so either my Digital Coax cable is bad or something is wrong with the cable box.

Jonathan Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I do not know about your specific cable box, but sometimes you have to go into the menu to select which digital audio output you want the box to use. It may be set by default to just output via the optical connection.

HowardPM

Agent
Real Name
Howard
I was thinking about that, but according to the manual and the website, it should auto detect what type of audio cable is plugged in.

Howard

SeanStrachan

Auditioning
I had a problem hooking up digital coax from a DVD player to my receiver, turns out the coax input could be assigned to operate with different devices through the receiver's menu. Apparently it came from the factory setup to operate with a cd player, and thus when I switched the the receiver to DVD mode it wouldn't read any data from the coax input. Could something similar be the cause?

Cary

Stunt Coordinator
There's only one way to know for sure - contact Cox.

My TWC also uses a SA box, which only puts out digital audio on the optical connection.

Chris Shooter

Auditioning
Check your receiver to see if you need to specify which digital input to assign to what input. At least I have to do that with my Onkyo...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks