What's new

Science Fiction sells. So where is . . . (1 Viewer)

Mark To

Supporting Actor
The Invaders
Time Tunnel
Land of the Giants
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
Science Fiction Theatre

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
...Buck Rogers in the 25th Century ?

It was rumored to be coming in 2004, the 25th anniversary of the show.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Not Sci-Fi but what about boxsets of..

Streethawk
Knigtrider
Airwolf

At least A-Team is coming out August :D

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Well, we all know that Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea did incredibly well in the recent Fox TV Shows on DVD poll. It came in second in the polling, demonstrating that there is indeed a market for these classic sci-fi shows.

Unfortunately, at the last Fox chat we were told that while Mr. Staddon personally would love to see shows like Voyage and Time Tunnel out on dvd, he felt the best bet might be to "rent" those shows out to another company for dvd release. I was surprised by that answer, since Fox had already planned the recent Lost in Space release. Why not continue and, in view of the fantastic numbers from the poll showing Voyage was wanted by many fans, after LIS Season 1 give us a VTTBOTS Season 1 set as well? Seemed like a logical move to me, but logic rarely plays a part in what is and isn't released to dvd.

Gary "I hope there is a person working inside the FOX dvd dept. that loves Voyage and puts in consistent requests for it - apparently it helped with getting Remington Steele released" OS

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I think the idea of leasing out the titles could be a good one, especially when it goes to a company who can really dig into a series and give it the attention the big boys can't realistically manage.

I'd also like to see the Logan's Run TV series in a box, as there are only 14 hour long episodes, however they will probably tie this in with the remake of the movie.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
So long as it doesn't go to Columbia House which is still living in the 1985 world of $20 for 3 episodes.

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Out of curiosity, how many copies does Columbia House do of any given title? I'm wondering if they're doing a lower volume (based purely on the subscription numbers), and that's a contributing factor to the higher costs per unit (disc or tape). I've got to say I was very happy with the transfer quality of the Alien Nation DVDs I got through Columbia House, even if the "extras" were minimal. I just wish they'd finish the series! That has to be one of my biggest complaints over the years - they stop making the tapes or DVDs before I'm ready to stop buying them. I guess I should be grateful they ultimately completed Brisco County.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and Land of the Giants are at the top of my TV shows wanted on DVD list. So bring them on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks