What's new

Sci Fi pulls Tremors (1 Viewer)

Matt Hamand

Agent
Michael

You're going to have to give a citation for "explicitly promised us a season 5". I was under the impression that it was merely an agreement with the production company that if all went well the 5th season would be a go.

All did not go well. The 4th season saw a ratings plateau, a cost increase, and was not well received by many long-time fans. No show is absolutley guaranteed renewall. They are all subject to cost/benefit analysis by the people who pay for them.

Matt

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Personally, I don't think the Sci-Fi channel is viable. Good science fiction shows are costly and requires good writing. There really aren't too many cheap options which they can fund the more expensive ventures. They had plenty of flagships that they could have hooked onto, but they've failed on all accounts.

Maybe they need to go back and show reruns of dead Sci-Fi shows...

Jason

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Sci-Fi is one of the top 10 channels on cable

I do personally forsee them starting a second channel in the future which will be more like the "old" sci-fi channel with reruns of good old scifi

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
No show is absolutley guaranteed renewal.
Tell that to Coppola's production company, who laughed all the way to the bank. :)

Again, if anybody can make a compelling argument that the a typical Sci-Fi current Friday can capture the interest of genre fans more than Farscape, Lexx, GvE/Invisible Man, please share it with us. I'd love to hear it. Hey, Stargate has strong ratings and a lot of real fans; there is no denying it. Where is the identity and fanbase of the network beyond that single show?

Most of the genre fans I know In Real Life quit watching Sci-Fi all together a while back. A few still watch Stargate and nothing else. More of them watched when it was Star Trek reruns!

Maybe they will make more money by dumbing themselves down and shedding their identity which helped build their market. Hey, TNN has. Hello 'Spike'! TNN is the next USA! All they had to do is destroy their own identity. But if that is the case, it's just another indictment against the declining quality of television.

Can you guys even acknowlege that the amount of discussion threads at HTF regarding Sci-Fi network shows are the lowest they have been in years?

The channel is crap. But hey, 90% of everything is crap, and some of that crap makes money. They have a decent shot. Just don't pretend that making money means they are any good. :)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Ratings trends for Tremors and Scare Tactics.

Tremors (avg for 2 hours)
3/28/03 1.8
4/04/03 1.2
4/11/03 1.3
4/18/03 1.2
4/25/03 0.8

Scare Tactics (Avg for hour)
4/04/03 1.5
4/11/03 1.3
4/18/03 1.2
4/25/03 0.8

Well, everything is coming up roses. Can I get a Hell Yeah!!!? Praise the lord and pass the Kool-Aid, I have seen the LIGHT!

Surely they have hit bottom and can't get worse, right? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks