Sci-Fi Channel Watchers, Need Help Identifing Martial Arts DVD Commercial

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ben_Caoile, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Ben_Caoile

Ben_Caoile Agent

There was a commercial ran on the Sci Fi Channel about a Martial Arts Movie now on DVD, I've only seen the commercial once. I do not believe it was released in the theaters because the title was unfamiliar. It highlighted "No Stuntmen". It showed clips of the actor(s) doing some amazing stuff, one of which I remember clearly was a guy chasing or being chased and jumps through a hoop of wires carried by 2 other men. If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great as I love watching good martial arts films.

2. Cory H.

Cory H. Stunt Coordinator

You're looking for "Ong Bak: Thai Warrior". It was released this past Tuesday. It displays some great Muay Thai, but past that, I was hard pressed to find anything else worth making the DVD worth purchasing.

3. Ben_Caoile

Ben_Caoile Agent

Thanks for the info, that's the fil alright. It's that bad huh? Is it worth renting?

4. Cory H.

Cory H. Stunt Coordinator

I'd give it a rent, if you haven't given into all the "next Jackie Chan" hype. It's just that Tony Jaa's athleticism is depended on to carry the feature, and they forget to cast, direct, and script the rest of the film in a way that compliments the main attraction.

My rental was free, so, I can't complain, lol.

5. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

It is definitly worth watching once, at least. As the guy above said, don't expect quality up to Hong Kong standards. The film just shows off Tony Jaa's ability, which is quite extensive.

Jason