"Sci-Fi Channel Presents" DVDs

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Porfirio, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Porfirio

Porfirio Second Unit

I was Circuit City today and noticed that Sony has re-issued a few films as a Sci-Fi Channel Presents collection. The front cover has the original picture surrounded in a purple boarder and it also features the SCI-FI logo on the upper left corner. They also have a yellow sticker that says some thing to the like of "Look inside to find out how to unlock All-New Special Features". The titles they had were:

Hollowman
    Frankenfish
    Bats
    (They had two more titles, which I can't remember names)

Has anyone else seen these and do you know how to unlock the "new" features?

2. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Yay! Hopefully they also have the SCI-FI logo on the screen in the lower-right corner during the entire movie! I hope they're the cut-for-TV versions and have tons of commercials too.

3. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    wow! I never would of thought someone would want more special features for Frankenfish and BAts. Long live the HTF!
    [​IMG]

4. Richard_Gregory

Richard_Gregory Second Unit

Yeah you select the sci-fi channel logo in the menu and the movie then plays with advert breaks every ten minutes, a logo in the corner of the screen, intrusive and annoying pictures and messages whirl in and out of the bottom half of the picture now and then announcing the next screening of Medium or ReGenesis, there will be cuts to make the movie fit the DVD, any swear words will be "silenced out" and lastly they will ruin the closing titles by squashing them down to the left half of the screen to accomodate running a distorted trailer for the next feature on the right hand side while someone jabbers inanely about it to make sure you can't hear the music either.

Well I assume that's how the create the genuine "Sci Fi Channel Viewing Experience"...

5. Porfirio

Porfirio Second Unit

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Anyway, CC has them advertised in this week's circular. The other titles in this collection are:

Christine
    The Seventh Sign
    Darkness Falls
    Resident Evil
    Flatliners
    The Mothman Prophecies