Schwarzenegger Action Pack flaw... HELP!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Gary Tooze, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Gary Tooze

Gary Tooze Producer

Hi,

I don't know if everyone's is like this, but would love to find out.

On my Columbia Tri-Star Schwarzenegger Action Pack Boxset with The 6th Day and Last Action Hero it is stated that both are anamorphic widescreen 2.35:1, but lo-and-behold Last Action Hero is Full Frame 1.33:1 (no other options). Can anyone help me with an email address for someome at CTS to both notify them and help me replace it.

Thanks,

2. Gary Tooze

Gary Tooze Producer

Really ? Am I the only one who bought this... I just want to know if mine alone is flawed or they are all like this...

Anyone ?

Thanks,

3. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

The individual copies of LAH seem to offer both widescreen and full frame versions. I don't have it, but I suspect it's a "flipper"?

It's strange they would offer a completely different version in a boxed set.

Anyway Gary, here's what I would do.. I'd take the copy of LAH to someplace like Walmart or Circuit City and tell the clerk that the disk is defective and exchange it for an individual copy of LAH which offers both widescreen and full frame. If they confront you with it... just play the dumb DVD connisseur and say you got it as a gift and didn't know it was part of a boxed set.

4. Gary Tooze

Gary Tooze Producer

Thanks Dave.... its not a flipper, but maybe I will follow your advice - see how Best Buy reacts without a bill [​IMG] . I am curious as to if they are all like this... I think they should be told, but I don't know who to tell (at Columbia)...

Cheers,

5. WillG

WillG Producer

If L.A.H. has the 10th anniversary banner/sticker on it, I think it truly is a P&S only edition. Really boggles the mind on how they would give it a banner like that and actually downgrade it.

6. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

As has been discussed before, Columbia/Tristar is finding new and innovative ways to SUCK!!

7. Andy_MT

Andy_MT Second Unit

Columbia Onestar!

8. Gary Tooze

Gary Tooze Producer

I have made a webpage to more accurately describe my problem (and perhaps get an answer to my question if mine is an isolated case or they are all like this). You can access the webpage HERE

I bought this:

[​IMG]

This is the back of the box (Last Action Hero):

[​IMG]

This is what I got inside the box:

[​IMG]

Can anyone tell me whether it is an isolated case or they also have this flaw.

Thanks,

9. jonathan_little

jonathan_little Stunt Coordinator

Gary, I bought the Last Action Hero disc at Wal-Mart (not in the "Action Pack," though) and apparently got one of the last flipper (both widescreen/P&S) discs before they went to the "10th Anniversary" versions (which have the P&S side only.)

Here's what the back of mine looks like.

10. Gary Tooze

Gary Tooze Producer

Thanks Jonathan!

Still seeking my answer about the Boxset. I can't be the only one in this Forum who bought it...

Regards,

11. Randy B A

Randy B A Supporting Actor

I think there was two versions floating around. When I bought mine at frys it had the 10th sticker, but it is a duel sided P&S/AWS version. I noticed Walmart only had P&S version so you may want to check a couple of different stores even frys if you have them in your area, even though I hate to recomend frys but that is a topic for another thread