What's new

Schroeder's LA VALLÉE coming ro DVD from HVE! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yes!
Press release
FINALLY I can see this film in its correct aspect ratio, in a new anamorphic transfer! Bring on MORE (Which I've never seen, but love the soundtrack to).

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I'm really looking forward to finally seeing "La Vallée", and I see in that same press release that Home Vision will also be releasing a Marcel Carné movie I've never seen ("Drôle de drame").

So, is HME a partner/sister co. with Criterion? I was under the impression they only did VHS titles. Maybe this is sorta like a secondary outlet for the Criterion Collection? Are they Janus titles?

John O

Stunt Coordinator
I Think Home Vision is the same company that produces the Zatoichi DVDs.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Criterion is a division of HVE, who have released a number of DVDs this past year, including the highly acclaimed Heritage series.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Some other Home Vision titles are:
Spirits of the Dead
Victim
I See a Dark Stranger
The Rocking Horse Winner
Seance on a Wet Afternoon
Definiely looking foward to La Vallee. Thanks for the info Jeff!

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, HVE DVDs are Criterions without the spine number (and supplements). The transfers tend to be Criterion quality. I have the Vadim/Bardot Don Juan -- excellent transfer, too bad the film sucks eggs.
I'm surprised that they aren't releasing More at the same time, because they released them on VHS simultaneously. I e-mailed them at the time, informing them that VHS was dead, and they should release them on DVD pronto. I got back a polite reply, but it's taken them a while to assimilate my advice... :)
Ted

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yeah Ted, I too have been asking them for A Nice Pair of Schroeder discs for a couple of years now. This is a nice tie-in with the Pompeii disc Warner is releasing in February. One MORE to go!

I forget who is releasing it, but we are also supposed to be getting Zabriskie Point sometime next year, unless I'm hallucinating....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks