What's new

Schoolhouse Rock (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Jones

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if anyone's interested, but it seems that Disney is putting out a 30th Anniversary Edition DVD of Schoolhouse Rock! It's supposed to have interviews with the creators, behind the scenes stuff, and a new song. I've always been a big fan of those little cartoons between the cartoons. I just hope it has ALL the songs and not a best-of.

Jeremy Jones

Stunt Coordinator
As usual, I'm late. :-P Did you hear that George Lucas is making a Prequel trilogy???? Heheheh! I'm still excited about the Schoolhouse Rock, though, even if it is in August.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
A cool easter egg would be the mock school-house rocks cartoon that they had on the Simpsons (ala sopranos on Godfather).

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
I put it in that other thread, but on the Atlantis: CE the trailer for Schoolhouse Rock does state that all of the shorts will be on the dvd.

-Chad

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio
By all do they mean even the one that's been in litigation for years and hasn't been released on video EVER?

I'm definately buying this DVD and if that segment is on it, it truly will be a Collector's Edition!

Andrew

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Andrew, that's the weather short, "The Greatest Show on Earth," and unless Disney reached an agreement with the Ringling Bros. people, I'm sure it won't be included, which is unfortunate, because it is the one I was looking forward to the most.

[rant]OT rant: You would think Ringling Bros., which makes most of their money off of kids and families, would be one of the last companies that would keep kids from learning just because a company uses the phrase "The Greatest Show on Earth," a Ringling trademark. It's all about the almighty dollar I guess, and they couldn't care less about the kids who keep them in business.[/rant]

Back on topic, hopefully Disney has worked out some kind of agreement with Ringling Bros. (monetary or otherwise) that will allow them to include the weather short on the set. I'm sure I'm not alone in the fact that I wouldn't mind the MSRP being $5 higher than normal if it means they would include ALL of the shorts, including the weather one.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Disney issued a press release today w/ info on many of their DVDs this year, including Schoolhouse Rock, which apparently includes them ALL, including "The Weather ong!"
AVAILABLE ON AUGUST 27
SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK
SPECIAL 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION DVD
Every Song From Classic Series In One Collection
With Bonus Features
The SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK-SPECIAL 30th ANNIVERSARY EDITION DVD is priced at $29.99 (S.R.P.) from Buena Vista Home Entertainment. THE BEST OF SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK 30th ANNIVERSARY EDITION is priced at $19.99 (S.R.P.) for VHS only. Prebook date for both titles is July 16, 2002.
The SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK-SPECIAL 30th ANNIVERSARY EDITION DVD includes these
features:
-- All 46 Schoolhouse Rock Songs
-- The All-New Song "I'm Gonna Send Your Vote To College" -- Written,
Performed and Animated By the Show's Creators
-- Several Never-Before-Released-On-Video Songs
-- The Making of "I'm Gonna Send Your Vote To College" Featurette
-- "Play-All" and "Shuffle-All" Features
-- Top 10 and Top 20 Jukebox
-- "Arrange-A-Song" Puzzles
-- "Earn your Diploma" Trivia Game
-- "Three Is A Magic Number" Nike Commercial
-- Emmy Awards Featurette
-- Audio Commentaries By the Schoolhouse Rock Creators
-- Music Videos From Contemporary Artists
The SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK-SPECIAL 30th ANNIVERSARY EDITION DVD has a running time of approximately 221 minutes and is unrated. THE BEST OF SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK 30th ANNIVERSARY EDITION VHS has a running time of approximately 83 minutes and is unrated.
SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK
Song Title List
MULTIPLICATION ROCK (11)
"My Hero, Zero"
"Elementary, My Dear"
"Three Is a Magic Number"
"The Four-Legged Zoo"
"Ready Or Not, Here I Come"
"I Got Six"
"Lucky Seven Sampson"
"Figure Eight"
"Naughty Number Nine"
"The Good Eleven"
"Little Twelvetoes"
GRAMMAR ROCK (9)
"Unpack Your Adjectives"
"Lolly, Lolly, Lolly, Get Your Adverbs Here"
"Conjunction Junction"
"Interjections!"
"Rufus Xavier Sarsaparilla"
"Verb: That's What's Happening"
"A Noun Is a Person, Place or Thing"
"Busy Propositions"
"The Tale of Mr. Morton"
AMERICA ROCK (10)
"No More Kings"
"Fireworks"
"The Shot Heard 'Round the World"
"The Preamble"
"Elbow Room"
"The Great American Melting Pot"
"Mother Necessity"
"Sufferin' Till Suffrage"
"I'm Just a Bill"
"Three-Ring Government"
SCIENCE ROCK (9)
"The Body Machine"
"Do the Circulation"
"Electricity, Electricity"
"The Energy Blues"
"Interplanet Janet"
"Telegraph Line"
"Them Not-So-Dry Bones"
"A Victim of Gravity"
"The Weather Song"
MONEY ROCK (8)
"Dollars and Sense"
"Seven-Fifty Once a Week"
"Where the Money Goes"
"Tax Man Max"
"Walkin' on Wall Street"
"This for That"
"Tyrannosaurus Debt"
"The Check's in the Mail"
SCOOTER COMPUTER & MR. CHIPS (4)
"Introduction"
"Software"
"Hardware"
"Number Cruncher"
ALL-NEW SONG (1) "I'm Gonna Send Your Vote to College"
52 Total Songs

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
To find the Simpsons spoof, you either have too wait a few years till they get to that season on DVD or just tape it or record it on DVDr when it comes on it syndication. The problem is that Disney did the Schoolhouse Rocks show while Fox did The Simpsons. So an easter egg is highly unlikely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks