Schoolhouse Rock

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy Jones, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Jeremy Jones

Jeremy Jones Stunt Coordinator

I don't know if anyone's interested, but it seems that Disney is putting out a 30th Anniversary Edition DVD of Schoolhouse Rock! It's supposed to have interviews with the creators, behind the scenes stuff, and a new song. I've always been a big fan of those little cartoons between the cartoons. I just hope it has ALL the songs and not a best-of.

2. Chad Gregory

Chad Gregory Supporting Actor

3. Joe Schwartz

Joe Schwartz Second Unit

4. Jeremy Jones

Jeremy Jones Stunt Coordinator

As usual, I'm late. :-P Did you hear that George Lucas is making a Prequel trilogy???? Heheheh! I'm still excited about the Schoolhouse Rock, though, even if it is in August.

5. Tom Rags

Tom Rags Supporting Actor

A cool easter egg would be the mock school-house rocks cartoon that they had on the Simpsons (ala sopranos on Godfather).

6. Chad Gregory

Chad Gregory Supporting Actor

I put it in that other thread, but on the Atlantis: CE the trailer for Schoolhouse Rock does state that all of the shorts will be on the dvd.

-Chad

7. AndrewR

AndrewR Stunt Coordinator

By all do they mean even the one that's been in litigation for years and hasn't been released on video EVER?

I'm definately buying this DVD and if that segment is on it, it truly will be a Collector's Edition!

Andrew

8. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Andrew, that's the weather short, "The Greatest Show on Earth," and unless Disney reached an agreement with the Ringling Bros. people, I'm sure it won't be included, which is unfortunate, because it is the one I was looking forward to the most.

[rant]OT rant: You would think Ringling Bros., which makes most of their money off of kids and families, would be one of the last companies that would keep kids from learning just because a company uses the phrase "The Greatest Show on Earth," a Ringling trademark. It's all about the almighty dollar I guess, and they couldn't care less about the kids who keep them in business.[/rant]

Back on topic, hopefully Disney has worked out some kind of agreement with Ringling Bros. (monetary or otherwise) that will allow them to include the weather short on the set. I'm sure I'm not alone in the fact that I wouldn't mind the MSRP being $5 higher than normal if it means they would include ALL of the shorts, including the weather one.

9. Enrique B Chamorro

Enrique B Chamorro Supporting Actor

I hope the DVD set will have the music videos

from the VHS tapes that had rock bands cover the

old songs.

10. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Disney issued a press release today w/ info on many of their DVDs this year, including Schoolhouse Rock, which apparently includes them ALL, including "The Weather ong!"

11. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

12. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

To find the Simpsons spoof, you either have too wait a few years till they get to that season on DVD or just tape it or record it on DVDr when it comes on it syndication. The problem is that Disney did the Schoolhouse Rocks show while Fox did The Simpsons. So an easter egg is highly unlikely.

13. Chris Sypal

Chris Sypal Stunt Coordinator