What's new

Schoolhouse rock..............does it ever....... (1 Viewer)

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
I'm WAY late for this thread, but I just had to say something. I picked this up last night and watched about 1/3 of it today. I had completely forgotten about this.....WOW! Talk about some memories flooding back......I was already laughing through the first short. It only got better from there.....plus some of the US history ones really got to me("melting pot" being a great example). And there were TONS of shorts I had never seen or heard either. How many people have this? Does anyone remember most, if not all of these? I can honestly say that I'd only seen less than half of these. If you grew up in the 70's and 80's, this is a MUST. The menus and extras are great too.....but the shorts are worth every penny you pay for this DVD. Can't wait to hear other people's experiences and memories.........

JarrodK

Grip
If you grew up in the 70's and 80's, this is a MUST
If you grew up in the 70's and 80's and now have small kids of your own, this is a SUPER-ULTRA-MUST-BUY!

My kids are learning concepts in grammar,math and science that are way beyond their ages. Plus, they're a great nostalgia trip.

I'm just glad that Disney did this right by putting them all in a single collection -- with a randomized playlist.

Shawn RM

Auditioning
I bought it the first chance that I could get. I looked for it for a while before actually finding one. My daughter likes it but I love it. I was born in 71 so it was right in my Saturday morning cartoon hay-day!

SteveK

Supporting Actor
I was born in 1952, so I guess I would have been well into my teens or early twenties when these cartoons were on the air, so I had never previously seen any of these cartoons. Did that stop me from buying the collection? Of course not! Did the fact that I have no children stop me from buying it? Heavens no! I was lucky enough to get this at The Disney Store when they were having one of their $10 DVD sales. I haven't yet watched very many of the cartoons, but I did enjoy the ones I've seen, and was surprised that they truly are educational. There is enough subject variety and styles of music so that a child would certainly never get bored by it. Great job, Disney!

Steve K.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I picked this up based on it being complete. I only remembered about 5 episodes. I have no kids, but man is this a kicking disc. It can be found cheap to (I paid $20 Canadian).

Am I the only one who thought that "3 is a magic number" one of the best songs they had ever heard... Period?

Some of the transfers are a little noisy in my humble opinion, but seeing how limited the animation is, it is a very small gripe, and should not change any ones mind in purchasing it. The music alone is worth about $80 in a cd box set.

Gotta love "Scooter Computer and Mr. Chips" too!

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
It's probably one of the most used DVDs in our collection. Our 2 and a half year old loves it (early fave for him was Conjunction Junction, but he moved on to Lucky Seven Sampson). If you ask him what a noun is, he'll say "a person, place or thing!"

My current fave is Gravity. Any song that can work in Gallileo Galilei and Isaac Newton with a 50's doo-wop style is most excellent in my book.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I picked this up as as soon as it came out, and still haven't had a chance to watch it. It's really for my three year old son, but I also got it for nostalgia sake.

Elvie

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks SteveK and RussellG :) Now I don't feel "alone" buying this sort of stuff for myself (husband, 2 dogs, no kids).

Everyone now "Conjunction Junction ..."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation239
Recent bookmarks