What's new

School Me on Housecleaning Services (1 Viewer)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Two teenage boys and myself are a constant on-the-go trio. Now, walking into our flat you may be surprised that three [mostly]young men live here, we're decently organized and for the most part, clean. Thing is, I feel the bathroom and kitchen could be kept much cleaner.

My questions are:
Have any of you used a housecleaning service?
What does a service like this run?
Can you pick the areas to be concentrated on?

My concerns are:
Our equipment; laptops, HT, software, music etc.

Can we hang out while they clean?
Are we protected in any way against theft? (rental insurance aside)

Any information would be appreciated.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I'm tagging along on this one.
Not really busy, just lazy ;)

As for the equipment I'd assume many home cleaners would be bonded?

David McGough

Second Unit
I have had one for the last 10 years. Wife works and who wants to clean house? Not me. I have it done on Friday so its cleaned, beds sheets changed ready for the weekend. It cost me $55 a week. Includes laundry if any in LRoom.
I have a 4000 sq ft house. Both kids are now gone so less to do. We still pay the same just because this gal is like family. We go off for weekends she stays at the house with the dog... This gal cleans about 10 houses a week. Everybody pays cash. You figure
Its hard work. If you even find good help you need to take care of them. Anything this gal needs she gets.
When my wife is happy everybody is happy. A clean house makes her and me happy.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I get coupons in the mail every week for house cleaning services (I live in Burbank). They all seem to run around $45 a for X amount of rooms, although I believe if you have continued service, you get a break. They also do laundry for $5 a load. These places are bonded.

You can also ask neighbors or coworkers who they use. That's usually the best way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks