What's new

Schindlers List - Where can I buy this DVD? (1 Viewer)

Everywhere all I see is how "rare" this DVD is.... My wife wants this one real bad.

Anyone know where I can pick it up?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
It's not "rare" - it's non-existent.
Universal has not yet released Schindler's List on DVD. It has been rumored as coming for the past couple of years, but as yet there's been no announcement.
I would note that 2003 is the 10 year anniversary of the film, so perhaps next year... ???

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Let's hope this situation gets rectified in 2003. It is clearly an important title for a number of people. This can't be another attempt to wait for enough DVD hardware units to be in enough households to make it a viable commercial event. This one should have been at least announced by now.:angry:
Joel

Robert Dunnill

Second Unit
It's non-existent--that's why I had to fight over a laserdisc copy on eBay with a bunch of other folks last year.

No biggie, though; it will eventually be released to DVD, probably in the not-too-distant future, like most of the other Spielberg A-titles.

RD

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Well, let's please note Gregg's newness to the scene here! :) Gregg, you can help light a fire underneath Universal's feet and post a request for this title in the "Studio Feedback" section. I am certain many will respond. And welcome to HTF!

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
It's non-existent--that's why I had to fight over a laserdisc copy on eBay with a bunch of other folks last year.
I didn't have any problem recently; this title must have quieted down some. I just got a brand-new, sealed copy for $39. :) It's number 00052.

Unless this is a total fraud its not non-existant...
Link Removed
Currently you have 7 hours to bid on this Widescreen/DTS version that is sealed.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Gregg,

That is a bootleg. Since you are new, you may not know that discussing bootlegs is verboten around here. Trust these folks when they say there has never been a release of "Shindler's List" on DVD, they know their stuff!

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Trust us Gregg, that is absolutely, positively a bootleg. "Schindlers List" has never been released on DVD anywhere. The big tipoff is that the seller says this is an all-region disc; a legitimate major release like "SL" would never be that way.

You can buy it; but you'll be getting ripped off and supporting criminal activity.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I think it was about a year ago there were a few reports about possibly getting SL before the end of 2002. That didnt happen but I would expect it next year for the 10 year anniversary. Id bet my right one theyre working on it as we speak.
This is one of my 10 Most Wanted as well.

Figures its a boot leg :frowning:
Typically that stuff rolls from Asia, makes sense now that you guys say that.
Thanks for the tip.

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
I remember Spielberg said a year or so ago that he wanted to do a 2 disc set with added footage. Does anyone remember this as well?

Tim RH

Second Unit
I remember Spielberg said a year or so ago that he wanted to do a 2 disc set with added footage. Does anyone remember this as well?
Yep. Apparently, he wants to wait until he has time to do a Director's Cut w/ approx. 30 minutes of deleted scenes put back into the picture. Then the DVD can be released, hopefully with the original cut available too.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
A) Was the LD released on DTS? I never bought it so I don't know. But otherwise where did they get a DTS track to rip, or is that just a lie (not like they owe you anything when sticking you with a bootleg anyway).
B) I think the current thing with ET tells us that he will keep the original cut of SL available when/if he recuts it for release.
SL is one of those titles that's been heavily rumored to be in the works though. Of course, so is Raiders. ;)

Brian E

Screenwriter
Yep, it's a bootleg. Funny thing is my LD Player & LD copy of SL combined cost less than that bootleg.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks