Schindler's List DVD release date ???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeBorreggine, May 6, 2002.

1. MikeBorreggine

MikeBorreggine Auditioning

I was wondering if someone could tell when and if this movie will ever be released on DVD. It is one of my favorite movies of all time but for some reason I have never purchased it. I started to look to see if it was on DVD and have found that it hasn't been released yet. I was thinking of getting the Widescreen VHS to hold me over but I wanted to make sure it wasn't scheduled for next month first. Thanks!

2. Tony Scello

Tony Scello Second Unit

Some rumors have this coming out in the second half of this year but I have my doubts. With Spielberg having E.T.(and possibly Minority Report)coming out in that timeframe and the large number of high profile releases later this year, I'm not sure about those rumors. Things have been awful quiet about this potential release. I hope I'm wrong, however, and we do see this masterpiece later this year.

3. MichaelAW

MichaelAW Second Unit

A guess I've read elsewhere: a 10th anniversary version coming out next year.

Sounds reasonable to me. And I can wait, since I know this is going to be one hell of a release.

4. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter

5. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Yeah, this was strongly rumored for this year, but I think next year is likely, especially with E.T. coming out.